Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It’s refreshing that you are saying this after we’ve signed the likes of Helenius and Kozak in recent times and they have failed to live up to expectations and their price tag. Watkins has made a great start to his Villa career and I think he will only get better, he’s not even close to his peak age

I’d say Helenius lived up to his price tag to be fair!

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Hands down best pundit going. So erudite as well. He uses words I’ve not heard of before. 

He always speaks well of us and when he speaks about us uses common sense. Need someone like that at sky

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, TRO said:

very pro villa.....intelligent, articulate guy too.

He is one of a very small group of football pundits that I pay attention to when they talk, I dare say Simon Jordan would never give an opinion on the length of the grass of a football pitch when the score was 7-2.

Ollie Watkins is going to get 20 goals this season if he doesn't get injured!

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

He is one of a very small group of football pundits that I pay attention to when they talk, I dare say Simon Jordan would never give an opinion on the length of the grass of a football pitch when the score was 7-2.

Ollie Watkins is going to get 20 goals this season if he doesn't get injured!

I like to Listen to Souness too.....but his love for Liverpool eclipsed the professionalism he should have shown doing his job.....He let his guard down, like you would expect from a fan....he gets paid handsomely for being a pundit,not a fan.

I didn't see pundits making excuses for us when we got mullered last season.....it was always how good the winning team was.....these pundits suffer from double standards and as paying viewers, we deserve better.

They are employed to give a professional view.....that view should be impartial.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/10/2020 at 16:01, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Wittgenstein once proclaimed words are often found to complicate things so much...

I was just trying to make it simplistic as I you seemed to misinterpret me.

Watkins looks exceptional, Wesley was an inexperienced and much younger player thrust into the PL and expected to perform and I think (and hope) he could be great. Davis sure has a lot to do but he can learn a great deal from Wesley and Davis.

I still think Wes will shine......he will come good.

flirting around this team with new found confidence and belief can only rub off.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I don't mind the volley effort, something was better than nothing, but he's GOT to be scoring the 1v1 

I know it's so nitpicky, but it proper VEXED me Bois.

He makes up his mind and hits it true enough, its just that the keeper guessed right for the only time that day!

Its not really Watkins fault

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, TRO said:

I like to Listen to Souness too.....but his love for Liverpool eclipsed the professionalism he should have shown doing his job.....He let his guard down, like you would expect from a fan....he gets paid handsomely for being a pundit,not a fan.

I didn't see pundits making excuses for us when we got mullered last season.....it was always how good the winning team was.....these pundits suffer from double standards and as paying viewers, we deserve better.

They are employed to give a professional view.....that view should be impartial.

Yeah - I think the strong allegiance is exactly what Sky are after with the likes of Souness, Neville, and Carragher. Look at Evra more or less breaking down because United were beaten by Spurs or Keane having an axe to grind against the club that turfed him out. For Sky it's all about creating that sort of drama nowadays rather than actually providing any sort analysis.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Yeah - I think the strong allegiance is exactly what Sky are after with the likes of Souness, Neville, and Carragher. Look at Evra more or less breaking down because United were beaten by Spurs or Keane having an axe to grind against the club that turfed him out. For Sky it's all about creating that sort of drama nowadays rather than actually providing any sort analysis.

yeah ..good point.

as they say fake news sells quicker than the truth, its all drama these days, to hell with accuracy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Yeah - I think the strong allegiance is exactly what Sky are after with the likes of Souness, Neville, and Carragher. Look at Evra more or less breaking down because United were beaten by Spurs or Keane having an axe to grind against the club that turfed him out. For Sky it's all about creating that sort of drama nowadays rather than actually providing any sort analysis.

Evra came across like a spoilt 5 year old......

A grown man throwing a tantrum because his team lost and he "couldn't handle it".

Grow up man.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Yeah - I think the strong allegiance is exactly what Sky are after with the likes of Souness, Neville, and Carragher. Look at Evra more or less breaking down because United were beaten by Spurs or Keane having an axe to grind against the club that turfed him out. For Sky it's all about creating that sort of drama nowadays rather than actually providing any sort analysis.

Click bait marketing 101...

emotional reactions will get you more noticed than a smart analytical breakdown.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 08/10/2020 at 13:55, Villan_of_oz said:

He is one of a very small group of football pundits that I pay attention to when they talk, I dare say Simon Jordan would never give an opinion on the length of the grass of a football pitch when the score was 7-2.

Ollie Watkins is going to get 20 goals this season if he doesn't get injured!

Another hatrick at Leicester? 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â