Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

He'll never get space for those lucky tap ins against the big clubs! 

The goals are just the icing on the cake. His workrate is insane and opponents can't help but worry about him. Very intelligent with his positioning. He's gonna score plenty in this league. 

Firstly,  Well done Villa a great result.

I did repeatedly tell you how good Ollie was, and worth every penny you spent, left food, right foot and a header, stamina, hold up play, running, etc, he showed you all that yesterday, and he didn’t let my talking about him down, and If he continues in this way, Hopefully the next faze might even be an England cap, as he is only going to get better, hope so as we will get our reported £5 million add on.

Note: Don’t get too carried away, as I think as good as you played, that must rank as one of Liverpools worst defensive display ever.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jonjon said:

I did repeatedly tell you how good Ollie was, and worth every penny you spent, left food, right foot and a header, stamina, hold up play, running, etc, he showed you all that yesterday, and he didn’t let my talking about him down, and If he continues in this way, Hopefully the next faze might even be an England cap, as he is only going to get better, hope so as we will get our reported £5 million add on.

Note: Don’t get too carried away, as I think as good as you played, that must rank as one of Liverpools worst defensive display ever.

And thanks for the bargain!!

However re the game: Klopp summed it up perfectly. Last week he said a dangerous opponent. Yesterday he said they forced us to play like that. Before we scored our first we had 3 good opportunities but the final ball or the run was just off. He looked concerned. Mane not playing had a big effect as he starts their press on the left. 

5 goals already in Claret & Blue

PL hat trick against what I think is (was) the best & most accomplished backline in the league

He is going to be a special player for us, his attitude and will to improve is spot on

He just has an incredible knack of getting his body infront of the defender and keep posession from goalkicks, clearances, high balls. Immense yesterday.

Genuine 9.5/10 performance yesterday. Would be perfect 10 if he buried his 1 on 1 and the one that hit the bar. £28-33 is a bargain all day long

• Like 2

What a player!

His physicality and pace are exactly what we needed, but coupled with his desire to get in the 6-yard box and good finishing, we really could have a bargain on our hands.

It's early, but I think he could have a shot at the England squad for the Euro's if he carries on. Kane is first choice, and Ings and Calvert-Lewin are deservedly in ahead of him. But Tammy is vulnerable, especially as he won't play as much, plus Watkins is doing a job in the same system as England play, and his relationship with Jack and Barkley might just give him the chance.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

PL hat trick against what I think is (was) the best & most accomplished backline in the league

He is going to be a special player for us, his attitude and will to improve is spot on

He just has an incredible knack of getting his body infront of the defender and keep posession from goalkicks, clearances, high balls. Immense yesterday.

Genuine 9.5/10 performance yesterday. Would be perfect 10 if he buried his 1 on 1 and the one that hit the bar. £28-33 is a bargain all day long

Just imagine if he scores 4 or 5 every 3 games,that is an absolute magnificent tally where you could say that youd easy pay triple what we paid and still call Watkins a bargain at 99 million.

1 hour ago, blunther said:

Really surprises me how good his hold up play is. He seems to have a bit of everything. Very promising...

Agree, he doesn't look like he should have the strength to hold it up as well as he does.

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Definite bargain, I'd say he's worth a million times that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jonjon said:

Hey, we told you how good he was before you signed him from us, and you were just as skeptical, if not more so, than Villa were! I'm just proud of our Ollie, genuinely feels like yesterday we were all having a kick around on JLC, now look at the lad.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

When everybody was going on about Benrahma I said Watkins was the best player at Brentford. Apple's and Oranges though.

And we wont get carried away. Liverpool were bad at the back, but we made them look bad too by using our brains and punishing their reliance on high line defending. Many have tried. Few have succeeded.

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

When everybody was going on about Benrahma I said Watkins was the best player at Brentford. Apple's and Oranges though.

And we wont get carried away. Liverpool were bad at the back, but we made them look bad too by using our brains and punishing their reliance on high line defending. Many have tried. Few have succeeded.

High line combined with trying to play offside when our players were running from deep lol.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jonjon said:

Your absolutely right about Watkins - he did everything you said he would. He looked like Vardy last night - not sure Vardy has headers in his locker though.

Disagree about liverpool being poor - if you watch the game - at 1-0, 2-0 & 2-1 - Liverpool players very well and at times had 65% possession. The problems for them were they couldn't build attacks, as they were so wary of us on the counter, they couldn't come up with a game plan to get at us and at the same time keep us out - I really think we ran them so ragged they just got pulled all over the place.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, paul514 said:

He was VERY good tonight but lets wait for a few month matches before proclaiming him the second coming. 

He's been excellent in the first 2 games as well. Just because he didn't score doesn't mean he's not looked the part before last night.

Â