Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Really? Formation totally changed, lost the guy who assisted so many of his goals, expensive striker signing rattling him a bit... it's all pretty obvious why, no?

Good players adapt. He doesn't seem to be doing that or wanting to do that. I'm a big fan of Ollie but he needs to give his head a wobble. He's lost the smile he had last season. 

• Like 2

Ings next game please and I think Watkins needs to speak to someone at the club. Totally lost it. I said in the match thread they talking about Rashford not looking happy, they wanna see this guy. Looks like he is still on cloud 9 from the birth of his child, not loving his football that's for sure.

I'm happy for him to play against Leeds instead of Ings after the Everton game, but he needs a rest and Gerrard needs to see he is on form.

Just now, Xela said:

Good players adapt. He doesn't seem to be doing that or wanting to do that. I'm a big fan of Ollie but he needs to give his head a wobble. He's lost the smile he had last season. 

It's a new thing for him and he's going through some adversity - he needs the support and trust of the fans and after last season, he fully deserves it.

• Like 1

I've turned against him now. He's infuriating. He's like a CF version on Luiz. You can list what he's great at and yet the things he's bad at are equally important.

I don't know what we do. He's so bad in front of goal. But can we leave all the dirty work to Buendia if we play Couts and Ings. 

Get a sale when we "don't want to sell" is the best route. Not a footballer who will take us anywhere and we all know that even if we don't want to admit it to ourselves or to others. 

Do love him for his efforts. Just a shame he doesn't have the level of talent we need

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 2

Now that Trezaguet and El gazi are not around it seems we need a scapegoat.

I am not sure if this is a Villa thing or maybe all clubs do this but on here . there has to be someone who needs replacing or who is playing shit.

Watkins didn’t play well today but he has the hardest job of any player in the team.He needs to accept the ball and usually hold it giving time for other players to join in the attack.Every move he makes is usually closely marked by the oppositions best defender.

I think his all round game and his ability to hold and to run with the ball is one of the best on the league.Where he is weak is his positioning in the area and his finishing.Villa fans tend to like focusing on what our players are not good at and ignoring what they are good at.

Because what this club really needs is to sell a lot of players and buy a whole new set who we can find fault with.We have only spent £500 million in the last 10 years.

Edited by Only2McInallys
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Watch that Coutinho goal and tell me Watkins celebration looks like he's forcing it. He just don't look happy to me.

I noticed that. He barely looked interested. Maybe i'm reading too much into it. 

I want him to succeed but there is something obviously wrong at the moment. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tinker said:

Can someone explain why Ings isn't being slated, for all the effort Ollie put in he kept going despite it not working out for him, Ings didn't seem to get involved at all. 

Because he looked completely disinterested and has done for some time.

8 minutes ago, tinker said:

Can someone explain why Ings isn't being slated, for all the effort Ollie put in he kept going despite it not working out for him, Ings didn't seem to get involved at all. 

I think it's because Ings seems more of a team player? Watkins seems to not want to pass to Ings if he can help it. 

33 minutes ago, lexicon said:

It's a new thing for him and he's going through some adversity - he needs the support and trust of the fans and after last season, he fully deserves it.

Agree with this 

But also Xela was right, he's lost his smile, he does seem to have lost something this season for whatever reason (I'm sure someone has said that he's had his 1st baby too??) 

We need to get him back firing 

• Like 1

Â