Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

5 hours ago, a m ole said:

If you want to talk about attitude problem, how about grown men thinking one of our hardest working players is some kind of spoiled brat because they don’t like his facial expressions.

Grow up you **** melts.

It's 2022, I can do what I want.

I don't " identify " as a grown man when I'm on VT 👀

This is my Metaverse... so there!

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Shillzz said:

Breaking a 6 year hiatus from VT to voice my opinion that playing with Watkins and Ings yesterday was akin to playing with 9 men. They should not play in the same team together and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Gerrard signing another striker in the next 12 months. 

he prpbably will but they dont come cheap, look how much Necastle paid for a burnley striker who doesnt score. Watkins has 5 goals in 15 games and Ings has  in 14, one of which was a penalty, so there isnt that much to chose between them and Watkins presses better. People think Ings will score more goals based on past reputation of two outstanding seasons in his career, one of which was in the championship 

Edited by PaulC
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, PaulC said:

he prpbably will but they dont come cheap, look how much Necastle paid for a burnley striker who doesnt score. Watkins has 5 goals in 15 games and Ings has  in 14, one of which was a penalty, so there isnt that much to chose between them and Watkins presses better. People think Ings will score more goals based on past reputation of two outstanding seasons in his career, one of which was in the championship 

Ings has had 4 great PL seasons and one great Championship season and has otherwise been unlucky with injuries. He’s a lot more than a one or two season wonder, he is a class player that we don’t utilise properly / don’t need in our system. 

• Like 1

Really don't get how he's gone from the player who last season seemed beyond criticism, to the next favourite scape goat.

I don't think he works well with Ings, but I don't think that is his or even Ing's fault.

I don't buy into this weird 'he's got an attutude' problem. Without him in the side we look clueless going forward.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Ings has had 4 great PL seasons and one great Championship season and has otherwise been unlucky with injuries. He’s a lot more than a one or two season wonder, he is a class player that we don’t utilise properly / don’t need in our system. 

By your defination of great Watkins has already got one great season under his belt and could easily end up equalling Ing's secomd best Premier League season this season in terms of goals. 

Do we have to keep using terms like scapegoat? I know some people have gone a bit OTT criticising Mings, but players can be criticised when they play poorly or lose form. It's OK. Everything will be fine. We still love them and want them to do well.

The forward line isn't working. We all wish it was, of course. Might be a tactical thing, might be something else.

• Like 1

I don't think he has a bad attitude at all, from what the Brentford fans said and from what we have seen of him he seems to be the opposite, humble and hard working. He doesn't smile much on the pitch, but I think that's to him being fully focused not a bad attitude. He looks a bit selfish at times, but I think that's down to him being a bit limited more than him being selfish, his passing isn't great and he is quite much heads down and going for the shot, not the same thing as being selfish. 

10 hours ago, useless said:

Once again baffled by the extent of criticism he's getting, wasn't great, but wasn't as bad as some are making out either, was far and away better than Ings who was completey anonymous and not for the first time, so how anyone can suggest he should be starting ahead of Watkins I'm not sure, unless he's scoring it's like playing with ten men in the sense that he doesn't get invovled with the general play.

Just play Watkins in his proper position, which is centre-forward and watch him do his thing.

Yes I agree, can't believe what I'm reading the last few pages.

Villans love a moan right.

4 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

The stats that say less shots, goals, assists etc per game this year than last?

Don't think SG has been asked a direct question about him either.

Do you honestly not think the difference between last year and this is enormous?

Have you not noticed his perplexing decision making, lack of first touch and poor form in front of goal??

There’s a difference between performances playing as a number 10 and his attitude. You were slating his attitude, don’t move the goalposts.

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Meh, as always, time to roll out the generic line.

The truth is probably somewhere in between the extremes opinions on both ends of the spectrum.

Personally, I think since he's had a kid he hasn't gotten any sleep 😂

100% he’s been nowhere near as good, doesn’t mean he’s a ‘spoiled brat’.

The stats say his work rate has been just as good and his pressing better

• Like 1

How many games has he played up top on his own in a 4-3-3 / 4-2-3-1 etc this season?  As if you ignore all the times he's played out of position or part of a 2 up top then I don't think he'd be getting criticism.  He's done good when played in his best role imo

Just reading in the Coutinho thread has me thinking. Maybe Watkin's didn't have to work so hard previous, as we had 2 or even 3 players concentrating on Grealish's movements, which opened up space for Watkins to move and go for goal. Without Grealish, the players now only have to look where Watkins is, as they know he will be the main threat. I'm hoping now we have Digne and Cout's this will change and maybe open up for more Watkin's goals, unless Coutinho wants them all.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Just reading in the Coutinho thread has me thinking. Maybe Watkin's didn't have to work so hard previous, as we had 2 or even 3 players concentrating on Grealish's movements, which opened up space for Watkins to move and go for goal. Without Grealish, the players now only have to look where Watkins is, as they know he will be the main threat. I'm hoping now we have Digne and Cout's this will change and maybe open up for more Watkin's goals, unless Coutinho wants them all.

This is probably a fair point. Watkins and Ings don’t seem to have a lot of space and have to work in crowded areas. More creative players will open up this space.

Â