Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

14 minutes ago, tinker said:

Ollie for me as well, Ings can come on if Ollies injured or needs a rest. 

No,  I meant Ollie needs dropping. He has been completely disinterested for months now. His reaction for the equaliser says it all.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

He’s a striker playing as a number ten. Every time he gets a bit of time in his actual position he looks way better. 

If he could actually get a shot on target to test the keeper, I'd agree with you.

Can't understand the argument that he's playing out of position, the majority of his efforts on goal when he's played as a striker don't trouble the keeper at all.

11 minutes ago, jim said:

No,  I meant Ollie needs dropping. He has been completely disinterested for months now. His reaction for the equaliser says it all.

Yes that was very strange he’s been like that for a few goals this season, even Carney “not signing a new contract “ Chuckwemeka was bouncing up and down with a smile on his face.

18 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

He’s a striker playing as a number ten. Every time he gets a bit of time in his actual position he looks way better. 

Gerrard has altered the system though we play the Christmas tree out of possession only, when in possession it’s Buendia behind 2 centre forwards

16 minutes ago, jim said:

Not sure I agree with this but if it were the case I could perhaps sympathise.

You're the club top scorer and made it into the England squad whilst playing as a main striker. This new chap turns up in the summer being paid 30% more than you. When he gets picked you get shunted into a different position. When he plays he swans about as the last man with his hand in the air expecting Hollywood passes to his feet, when these inevitably don't arrive he throws his hands and points. While all this is happening you're still solidly working your bollox off playing out of position.

I be a bit narked if it was me.

He's good at running channels stretching defences and can score a goal.

That's it. When he is played as anything other than an advanced striker you really do see the lack of ability and top tier coaching he's not had coming through the leagues.

You look at Ramsay and Chuk. They play at their own pace at times. Their touch is golden they aren't panicked.

Watkins at times and especially in congested areas...he can't control a bag of cement he can't think quick enough to find a pass.

He's a very very very limited footballer.

He's not a winger. He's not a second striker. He can't do it.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:.

You're the club top scorer and made it into the England squad whilst playing as a main striker. This new chap turns up in the summer being paid 30% more than you and a better finisher which you know you can learn from being a weaker part of your game but you decide not to. When he gets picked you get shunted into a different position because you were injured at the start of the season and he’s done ok at a new club and you are out of form and you drift to the left most of the time anyway so doesn’t seem like a big deal. When he plays you decide to ignore him and make poor decisions when he’s looking to play with you, when these inevitably don't arrive he throws his hands and points. While all this is happening you're still stropping around playing out of position looking ineffective and blaming everybody else.

FTFY

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He's good at running channels stretching defences and can score a goal.

That's it. When he is played as anything other than an advanced striker you really do see the lack of ability and top tier coaching he's not had coming through the leagues.

You look at Ramsay and Chuk. They play at their own pace at times. Their touch is golden they aren't panicked.

Watkins at times and especially in congested areas...he can't control a bag of cement he can't think quick enough to find a pass.

He's a very very very limited footballer.

He's not a winger. He's not a second striker. He can't do it.

I agree with all of this. He's a busy number 9 in the Prem who's effective. He needs to be played to his strengths to get the best out of him. Worth mentioning, his best is pretty damn good. Better than we've had for a long time.

What he lacks in ability he makes up for in effort, which is to be applauded.

20 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Not sure I agree with this but if it were the case I could perhaps sympathise.

You're the club top scorer and made it into the England squad whilst playing as a main striker. This new chap turns up in the summer being paid 30% more than you. When he gets picked you get shunted into a different position. When he plays he swans about as the last man with his hand in the air expecting Hollywood passes to his feet, when these inevitably don't arrive he throws his hands and points. While all this is happening you're still solidly working your bollox off playing out of position.

I be a bit narked if it was me.

Boo **** hoo.

Instead of embracing it and seeing it as a challenge having another top striker as competition. He has had a paddy and it’s had a detrimental effect on the team.

I don’t agree with the new position line either. For the most part he has still played up too just as a two. He should be adapting not sulking. 

To sum him up in this game, had the ball in the final third. Looks up sees Ings who can make a run into the box. Passes the ball backwards.

• Like 4

Â