Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Watch him be MOTM next game and the knee jerkers will look foolish

Targett was player's player of the season last year.  Doesn't mean that we can't aim and get a considerable upgrade.

• Like 1

Frustrating and terrible decision making recently. However, I’d still have him over Ings who has been poor all season. So annoying not to have either playing well as the decision on which to bench would be made easier. With the players we have supplying them there are no excuses. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Frustrating and terrible decision making recently. However, I’d still have him over Ings who has been poor all season. So annoying not to have either playing well as the decision on which to bench would be made easier. With the players we have supplying them there are no excuses. 

Agreed,  he picks the wrong option almost every time.  There are only 1 or 2 things he can actually do,  wrong one every time in every recent game.

Needs a break from starting IMO.

22 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Watch him be MOTM next game and the knee jerkers will look foolish

We won't look foolish chap, we will appreciate he had a good game and want him to keep it up. There is no doubt he is poor at the moment and needs to find something.

If he don't start scoring with Digne and Courtinho around him he can have his dream move to Arsenal at the end of the season, I'll drive him there.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

The Ings signing seems to have broken him. Ollie was great last year.

Signing quality players shouldn’t really break a player , he should be excited about working with quality , and celebrating when we equalised!

Just now, useless said:

Once again baffled by the extent of criticism he's getting, wasn't great, but wasn't as bad as some are making out either, was far and away better than Ings who was completey anonymous and not for the first time, so how anyone can suggest he should be starting ahead of Watkins I'm not sure, unless he's scoring it's like playing with ten men in the sense that he doesn't get invovled with the general play.

Just play Watkins in his proper position, which is centre-forward and watch him do his thing.

He was playing centre forward in possession it’s only out of possession we play the Christmas tree formation 

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

Signing quality players shouldn’t really break a player , he should be excited about working with quality , and celebrating when we equalised!

Well yeah, it’s a bit baffling really. 

15 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I think he has a major, major attitude problem. 

Clearly wants to be the main man, but he barely even celebrated after phil scored, like he was annoyed it wasnt him that scored.

yeah that was a really bad sign.  Attitude in the number one attribute needed and if your game is off as well it doesn’t bode well.  Bench time will give him chance to sort himself out.

35 minutes ago, useless said:

Once again baffled by the extent of criticism he's getting

If you keep being baffled game after game about the criticism for him, doesn’t that suggest that maybe there is a problem with him and your fondness for him is clouding your view.  It’s not one game but game after game and people are saying the same thing thing.  Can’t keep blaming Ings for Ollie’s ongoing issues because he’s been like that whether Ings is on the pitch or not.

He’s not playing great this season but we always look a stronger team with him in it. I think we all agree that it has to be either him or Ings and not both. I would always pick Ollie ahead of Ings. Ings just does not have the physical capability to play the sole striker role. 

30 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I think he has a major, major attitude problem. 

Clearly wants to be the main man, but he barely even celebrated after phil scored, like he was annoyed it wasnt him that scored.

No problem with the bottom bit (if true, obviously) but he wasnt even in the penalty area. Wont score if he doesn't get into the 6-12 yard rectangle.

Im starting to think he's going to struggle without Smith

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, useless said:

He did celebrate, joined in with the huddle and called over Buendia to celebrate with them as well, he also made a point of waiting for Coutinho so he could congratulate him individually.

He's face does not look like he was celebratory, it looked like he found it hard to join in.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, useless said:

He did celebrate, joined in with the huddle and called over Buendia to celebrate with them as well, he also made a point of waiting for Coutinho so he could congratulate him individually.

I do wonder if, we having been burnt so often against these, whether he struggled to let go and had one eye on the linesman or was expecting VAR to find a the usual miracle and disallow the goal.

I'm pretty sure though that he is missing Dean and the flow of play we had with Jack and is struggling to adapt. Sticking Ings alongside him is not helping.

Fans backing him cause he can't play how he wants where he wants. Lets hope he don't turn out to be world class and Man City come calling, cause he will cry his eyes out what would be expected of him there.

You have to adapt, this shows a quality player. If he moves he will have to adapt, maybe he should go to Norwich so he can do what he wants.

He's involved in the game. Needs to be put up front. Ings is often missing. 

Goals output for both is poor. But I'd take Watkins as he contributes to play far more than Ings in general. Barely noticed Ings playing! 

• Like 1

Â