Premier League 2020-21 thread

Jareth

On 13/08/2020 at 22:02, The Fun Factory said:

I was quite surprised the League Cup was not binned off tbh. Personally I would keep it but you can hear the moans from Klopp et al that will happen when they have to play all the matches. 

Think they’ve probably got around this by having so much of it early in the season - it’s done by the end of September with the exception of QFs (three days before Christmas), one leg SFs and the final. Looks like they’ve also scheduled in ‘reserve spots’ in the midweeks directly after the fa cup weekend rounds to minimise fixture pile up at the end of the season, although not sure how that may clash with European comps.

'fixture leak' once again, supposedly we are away to Spuds for the opener....if you believe it? 

Difficult to believe the season starts in under a month from now, September 12th!

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

43 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

'fixture leak' once again, supposedly we are away to Spuds for the opener....if you believe it? 

Difficult to believe the season starts in under a month from now, September 12th!

I think its fake because wolves and west brom are at home that wont happen

17 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Read something about a leaked fixture list and our first match of the season was spurs away. Is it true? 

Didn't we also have spurs away last season (as the opening fixture I mean)? 

Apparently neither Spurs or ourselves, were  included in the link. The Birmingham Live link is below (but I would take it with a huge pinch of salt):

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-aston-villa-play-opening-18777274 

19 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Read something about a leaked fixture list and our first match of the season was spurs away. Is it true? 

Didn't we also have spurs away last season (as the opening fixture I mean)? 

I heard the same from a pal darn sarf who is a Spurs fan. I ask him if he wasn’t mixing up last season and he said he’d thought the same, but apparently that’s not the case. 

Just my thought, but I would really like if we got Liverpool or City away to start off the season. Would be fantastic to get one (or both) of those matches out of the way early on in the season

Edited by Villaphan04

Â