Premier League 2020-21 thread

Jareth

On 19/08/2020 at 02:15, blunther said:

The bookies have Leeds are more likely to finish in the top ten than go down. Have I missed them signing a dozen players?

They're certainly tipped more than us. Baggies are 5/4 to finish above us, while they are 2/1 to finish above Leeds! I do think Leeds will stay up but I'm not sure why I think that. Seems I'm not alone though. 

What are the odds on Leeds going down?

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

What are the odds on Leeds going down?

4/1! Longer than Burnley, Palace, Newcastle, Brighton....

edit: if they go into such a compressed season with a small squad and don't start strongly.... that looks good value.

Edited by blunther
  • Thanks 1

BROADCAST 

Premier League confirms extra 20 live TV games for 2020/21 season but no blanket broadcast despite behind closed doors matches

An extra 20 games will be shown live on TV during the 2020/21 Premier League season, it has been confirmed.

However, there will be no more blanket coverage of matches available to fans despite fixtures taking place behind closed doors at the start of the season.

https://talksport.com/football/748373/premier-league-extra-games-2020-21-season-no-blanket-coverage/

2 hours ago, Villarocker said:

I just hope that Villa have a minimum of 35 points before Saturday April 10th 2021 otherwise we are fooked.

Just had a quick forecast.  We'll finish on 49 points in 12th, with 13 wins.  We will get to 42 by beating Fulham at home on 3rd April.  

It all looks good up to the end of December, with 25 points and up to the heady heights of 5th, but points are much harder to come by through the second half.

So a slightly disappointing end to the season, but all we could really have hoped for at the start.  Here's to 21/22 season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Bookies set odds based on how much money is being wagered, not on how likely it is they think something will happen - a lot of optimistic Leeds fans have clearly lumped on.

Partly

6 hours ago, The_Steve said:

F*** Sky Sports. Ignoring any derbies outside of the Sky 6 again. 

You can try to crowbar it in but Man U V Liverpool is not a derby. It is usually a big game and can often result in a trophy being won by either of the teams but I wouldn't call it a derby more of a grudge match. Just Sky Super Sunday marketing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Yeah I hate that branding of Manure and Liverplop as a derby; are they are trying to rewrite the history of game?

That’s what I hate, it’s just ahistoric rubbish. How many miles separate those cities? Embarrassing. 

• Like 1

On 20/08/2020 at 15:31, Adam2003 said:

I mean even we don’t care about WBA or Wolves as a derby so...

I don’t think that’s quite right, how many times our fans sing about WBA? Actually I look forward to all these games and I hope it can help improving our team by having rivalry with a team that’s well run as Wolves. 

Anyway Sky didn’t even considered the Black Country derby itself. 

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

The Manure v Liverscum is called 'who has the most trophies in their cabinet derby'. 

Biggest game in England. I don't have an issue with that. 

We need to be trying to knock them both off their perches.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Who's going to take our penalties next season?

I just realised that we only scored one in the league in the whole of last season! 😮 (El Ghazi in injury time in our slight defeat at home to Moneybags City). Hey! Were we actually awarded any other penalties in the league apart from that one?! 🤨🤔🙄 I can't remember any.

Edited by robby b

Â