Premier League 2020-21 thread

Jareth

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

^ This and drink breaks need to go.

Breaks even more so. I kinda get why they had them during this restart, especially in warmer countries like Spain or Italy. Absolutely no place for it next season.

Been my fear for years they are going to implement something like that to make room for mid half commercial spots for TV.

• Like 2

i kinda liked the drinks breaks...maybe because last few games my nerves were so shot that it gave me a minute to breathe

and when we finally get to return to stadiums it'll be a chance to go for a piss without missing any of the game

but i guess it's only a matter of time before there are adverts shown during them

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

i kinda liked the drinks breaks...maybe because last few games my nerves were so shot that it gave me a minute to breathe

and when we finally get to return to stadiums it'll be a chance to go for a piss without missing any of the game

but i guess it's only a matter of time before there are adverts shown during them

If you start queuing for a beer at the first half drinks break then you should hopefully have it by the second half one

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

The same Burnley who have spent 57 years (not including the 2020-21 season) in the top flight (ranking 21st of all clubs), compared to 53 for Leicester (24th), 50 for Leeds (25th), 41 for Southampton (27th), 26 for Fulham (=35th), 20 for Crystal Palace (39th) and 7 for Brighton (50th)?

Fruity Source

Interesting stat. You can bet the majority of Football fans don't know that Burnley have been in the top flight for more seasons than Leeds or Leicester.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

The same Burnley who have spent 57 years (not including the 2020-21 season) in the top flight (ranking 21st of all clubs), compared to 53 for Leicester (24th), 50 for Leeds (25th), 41 for Southampton (27th), 26 for Fulham (=35th), 20 for Crystal Palace (39th) and 7 for Brighton (50th)?

Fruity Source

Some interesting info there... Also can't believe only 7 teams have currently been in the top flight for 10 or more consecutive years.

Wouldn't mind seeing blackburn, sheff wed and derby returning next season, replacing palace, brighton and Fulham. Would have a nice old school feel to the league

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Apologies if this has been answered but does anyone know when the fixtures will be announced? Can’t be far away surely. 

The rumoured  date is 23rd august.

3 weeks before season starts is what the pl clubs agreed

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I'd rather they just had a continuous advert in The corner of the screen, which could be sold by the minute. 

Imagine the amount of flashing pop up style crap you would get in there :D

On 05/08/2020 at 14:17, tomav84 said:

I also see it as a good opportunity for the coaches to have a mini team talk with the players to be honest.

Â