Premier League 2020-21 thread

Jareth

31 minutes ago, robby b said:

Who's going to take our penalties next season?

I just realised that we only scored one in the league in the whole of last season! 😮 (El Ghazi in injury time in our slight defeat at home to Moneybags City). Hey! Were we actually awarded any other penalties in the league apart from that one?! 🤨🤔🙄 I can't remember any.

Grealish missed one v sheff u away and wes missed norwich away.

Anyway  all penalties are being awarded to utd next season, for bruno fernandes

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Grealish missed one v sheff u away and wes missed norwich away.

Anyway  all penalties are being awarded to utd next season, for bruno fernandes

Ah yes! I'd completely forgotten those two (though I did have a feeling Wes may have missed one. What a pity, he'd have had a hat-trick!) ☹️ Anyway, 3 (three) penalties in total. In 38 matches. Hmm.

Jackpot for Brighton who face Chelsea in the first round as 8 of their players are quarantined after not following protocol on holiday and some of them getting infected.

Jorginho, Barkley, Emerson, Batshuayi, Mount, Tomori, Abraham and Pulisic all potentially out of the first round.

39 minutes ago, sne said:

Jackpot for Brighton who face Chelsea in the first round as 8 of their players are quarantined after not following protocol on holiday and some of them getting infected.

Jorginho, Barkley, Emerson, Batshuayi, Mount, Tomori, Abraham and Pulisic all potentially out of the first round.

Hopefully Sheffield have something similar after pontins!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Fingers crossed! I would love to see 5 subs plus the extra drinks break become permanent. 

No thanks. 

The five subs only helps the top teams who get to make better use of their superior squad depth and the ‘drinks break’ is just and ad break by another name.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

No thanks. 

The five subs only helps the top teams who get to make better use of their superior squad depth and the ‘drinks break’ is just and ad break by another name.

Exactly.

We are a top team and I like bathroom/beer breaks during the game.

But each to their own. I respect the decision either way.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Unless your a supporter of the big five why would you be in favour of this?

Because I support one of the richest clubs in the world , Aston Villa.  Also I prefer the game to have more breaks and subs as it (in my view) will increase the pace ,intensity and tactical sophistication of open play over time.  I also presume it will reduce player injuries over time. Again speculation on my part.

I could be wrong of course but thats why I like the changes.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

Can't really expect any other opinion, we've just barely survived, haven't changed manager, haven't improved the squad and are being linked to championship players. As it stands it's a struggle to think which three teams might be worse than us next season.

14 minutes ago, Nigel said:

If they have gone to the trouble of another vote you know which way this is heading.

Great this democracy lark!

Makes you suspect there have been some shady deals done, although I have difficulty seeing why Turkey's would vote for Christmas, what's in it for them?

Â