Ratings & Reactions: Everton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/07/20 at 22:59

Just now, Brentfordnylons said:

Gutted for you,didn’t deserve that kick in the bollox 

we did though mate, because we have kicked ourselves in the bollox again and again this season, its probably been the defining point of our season, self inflicted wounds.

2 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I'm shattered for them today.

It's passed 5am here and I've got a full day ahead, but if I can leave the VT forum with this..

Despite the disappointment and consequences this result brings, doesn't make every aspect of the game we saw today poor. It really doesn't.

Grit your teeth if you must but don't give in to the urge to give up on Villa, especially if you're criticising the team for doing just that. Somebody's got to keep the faith.

Be vocal about how you feel and think about the team or individuals, but just remember that disappointment and a good performance are not mutually exclusive.

I think I love you 👍

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Not angry. Just sad for everyone. Oh well. For what its worth I thought they really did their best.

Do you really think El Ghazi done his best with that cross?....players like Gray, Lochead, would have headed that in......El Ghazi pulled up, not brave enough.

• Like 3

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

A point away at Everton is always a good result, it sounds like we were unlucky not to win. It’s good to see Konsa scoring, I think he’ll be a real player, hopefully for us

you do know we’ve essentially been relegated with this result, right?

Oh boy that hurts.

I’ve been so relaxed since the restart because I was certain we were done for ever since the Leicester game. Football is such a killer. 

We were bossing this one second half. Everton couldn’t give a stuff. They were on their holidays. The minute we scored we lost control of the game again. We sat back again! And it cost us again! The way we never learn is utterly mad! I know Deano isn’t encouraging them to do that he’s telling them again and again to keep the ball, keep doing what’s got them into that position. 

It’s a character and mentality thing. They haven’t been able to cope with the pressure of the Prem. 

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

A point away at Everton is always a good result, it sounds like we were unlucky not to win. It’s good to see Konsa scoring, I think he’ll be a real player, hopefully for us

I love you SGC

5 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

We looked okay in the first half, Luiz and Grealish linked up well but were short of any half decent options. We missed what we all said we needed back in August, a decent striker and a decent winger. Samatta and Trezeguet were terrible in the final third. Then after going a goal up we do a Villa and stop playing. Inevitable really. Just annoying that you get your hopes up, 10 minutes from time and we’re one point from safety, but they can’t hold on. Again. 

I really can’t see us staying up now, much as I’d love to. I’m afraid that’s it now, we are the architects of our own downfall and will get what we deserved. It’s a shame as with another year and some key additions, there is potential in this team. 

There really have not shown it.

6 minutes ago, Gompedyret said:

Team is good enough to survive in the premiership. The problem is about mentality, psychology. Resilience.

I wonder if they use mental trainers at all.

I would say the trainers we have are pretty mental, considering how many time we have kicked ourselves in the bollox this season.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Do you really think El Ghazi done his best with that cross?....players like Gray, Lochead, would have headed that in......El Ghazi pulled up, not brave enough.

I think that is El Ghazis best unfortunately. He's not got it in him to go through players like that even trezeguet I think would have put his body on the line for that and it would have been game over. 

• Like 1

The continuing failure by McGinn and Grealish to show up is embarrassing and has really hurt us since the return. Would rather have less talented people on the pitch who can put in more of a shift. Samatta was pretty useless too. Davis can’t score but at least he adds some muscle in attack.

Shame because the Everton players couldn’t really rouse themselves to compete - despite being superior in midfield they were so sloppy in the final third. Having worked so hard to get a goal, it’s a pity we couldn’t hang on but that is the Aston Villa story this season is it not?

Still, at least we lead the premier league in two respects: we have conceded more goals in the last 15 minutes than anyone else and we have never kept a clean sheet away.

Onwards to the Emirates!

30 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

He is so weak. He was scared to attack that ball. Andy Gray would have sent the ball, the defender and the keeper into the net. AEG can eff off. He is a pussy

Sadly, spot on.

20 minutes ago, TRO said:

Lacked the necessary bravery required to get them......its been in evidence for some time.

He got clattered, he didn't pull out of it, he just managed to backheel it clear from less than a yard out. Not bravery, just needed a cooler head and watch the ball!

• Like 1

I'm peeved ATM so forgive my vitriol...

I guarantee when Jack buggers off to Manure we get rid of a champagne Charlie poisonous element in out club. This so called club captain couldn't even abide by lock down rules. CLUB CAPTAIN. He didn't even give a proper apology, just covered his arse. This little git has had it handed to him in a plate for years. He has his move to Carrington sorted. He's lucky it's Ole and not Sir Alex as his new boss. He has been woeful since restart. He has consistently slowed up play, had woeful cross delivery and been anything but a captain. I seriously feel the sooner we get rid of such bad attitude, example setting and behaviour the better this club will be. One of our own? As one of the few players who have played in the premier League he's not proving it to me this season. But Stew he gets fouled often?? Yeah and? As a creative payer what has he actually really created this season? What has he actually done from the fouls he's won? His set pieces are woedul, he choice to pass wide in good positions than a penetrative pass of shoot, he doesn't strike at goal this season. He's either a busted flush or he's had his head turned. He's not the focus of this side. I'd rather be scared of losing McGinn who though not great since restart is slowly showing his fitness and energy. Strip him of the armband as he's off. Give it to someone who will definitely stay and fight for our promotion push. Cos Jack isn't the godsend we thought he ws. His lockdown pissup showed us he's never gonna change. And Fergie would have said no to him for that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1