Ratings & Reactions: Everton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/07/20 at 22:59

Like I said, the posts were written before Smith became manager and it was when he was being proposed as a future manager. I suggest you look a bit deeper, because why else would I claim you was the author of such posts? I haven't trawled through any posts, it would bore me to death, but I am as sure as the Sun will rise in the East that you were strongly against the idea of Smith becoming manager. It's ridiculous to suggest I've somehow invented your past posts. 

I think it's very evident just by the many posts you have contributed to this thread that you are in no way enamoured by the manager. 

Maybe someone will come up with the said posts, if not, no big thing, I stand by what I said and make no apologies for being correct 

On 18/07/2020 at 18:06, skell said:

Of course he is involved. Of course he has a say. Of course he will publicly talk about his.willing involvement in the process. Ultimately though Suso has.a.job, that job is to sign players. He has signed players who are not good.enough. who is responsible for.signing players its suso.  Leave smith out of it

So you agree DS is involved but don't want to attribute any of the blame to him?  Makes perfect sense...

On 20/07/2020 at 12:08, flashingqwerty said:

So you agree DS is involved but don't want to attribute any of the blame to him?  Makes perfect sense...

Are you putting words in my mouth?    Anyway, now what do you think? 

19 hours ago, skell said:

Are you putting words in my mouth?    Anyway, now what do you think? 

You said:

"Of course he is involved ... Leave smith out of it"

So you're acknowledging his involvement whilst absolving him of any wrong doing, which is an oxymoron.

I still feel that DS isn't the man for the job, despite keeping us up.  I think his coaching is questionable, the players fitness levels have been poor and his game management is amongst the worst i've seen at this level.

He may learn and improve, but i've not seen enough since he has been in charge to suggest he will.  And with the position we are in, i am not sure we can afford to have DS learn on the job, it nearly cost us this season.

Of course i might be wrong, but thats my opinion based on what ive seen and 40 years watching and working around football.

On 27/07/2020 at 17:30, flashingqwerty said:

You said:

"Of course he is involved ... Leave smith out of it"

So you're acknowledging his involvement whilst absolving him of any wrong doing, which is an oxymoron.

I still feel that DS isn't the man for the job, despite keeping us up.  I think his coaching is questionable, the players fitness levels have been poor and his game management is amongst the worst i've seen at this level.

He may learn and improve, but i've not seen enough since he has been in charge to suggest he will.  And with the position we are in, i am not sure we can afford to have DS learn on the job, it nearly cost us this season.

Of course i might be wrong, but thats my opinion based on what ive seen and 40 years watching and working around football.

You can be involved and not make all the decisions. All I know is that he wanted Maupay, Konsa and Benrahma and he got wesley and Trez. This suggests he was involved but didnt get what he wants. So no oxymoron at all. It's not just a bilateral option.  100% blame yes or no. We will probbaly never know who bought who, the key is we made.mistakes and we have to make sure we dont again.   I would argue that he has worked miracles and with decent players I have no doubt we can move up to top 10 next season.  Surely the last few games has been enough to suggest that Smith has the credentials to do a job