Ratings & Reactions: Everton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/07/20 at 22:59

29 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

There is not much point in blaming individual misses or mistakes. We are where we are because of an accumulation of poor performances throughout the season. The team mentality is shockingly bad.

We need to build a better, gutsier, more determined team in the CH under a far superior manager to give ourselves a better chance of staying up when we come back up next time. 

One of the few posts, That should we implement, your thoughts, might give us a chance of progression.

29 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

There is not much point in blaming individual misses or mistakes. We are where we are because of an accumulation of poor performances throughout the season. The team mentality is shockingly bad.

We need to build a better, gutsier, more determined team in the CH under a far superior manager to give ourselves a better chance of staying up when we come back up next time. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

In my opinion there is a big difference in quality, our lot, however sh*t they are now, will probably do okay down there, but we are going to see another lot of heavy recruiting as players leave and that never bodes well for cohesive forward momentum. I just want a Villa side that look like a proper team and that knows what they are doing. We have been a rag bag of randoms for as long as I can remember. It's **** depressing.

In a general sense.....I don' hear the noises, that give me confidence, that we have learnt anything.....only a handful of comments on hear, seem to have it sussed, for me.

14 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Not accurate about after we went ahead. We kept attacking for once and should have made it 2-0

We should, you are right, but we didn't need to.....we just needed to not concede, which we have been unable to do all season, not just tonight.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Something?

Three points behind Watford and West Ham, but with goal difference it means we need at least four to have any chance. Beat West Ham, and a draw against Arsenal might be enough.

Of course if Watford and West Ham pick up points against the likes of Manchester United, then we'll need more/we're probably down anyway.

13 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

35 points could keep us up if other results go our way so just one draw and one win needed.

Are you taking into account the arse raping we will get off Arsenhole?

Edited by rjw63
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, kiltorken said:

I think that is El Ghazis best unfortunately. He's not got it in him to go through players like that even trezeguet I think would have put his body on the line for that and it would have been game over. 

So why are we putting up with this kind of player?......if he has not got it in him.....we should despatch him.

or is he another Traore case.....where we fail to get anything out of him, but they will do else where.

Edited by TRO

It seems to me now......if we don't get mullered 5/6 nil.....we have played well.

We was in a relegation battle, it looked like a testimonial at times......Everton were there for the taking......it was a typical approach from us all season imo.

I see very little appetite for a change in order to change our fortunes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

So why are we putting up with this kind of player?......if he has not got it in him.....we should despatch him.

or is he another Traore case.....where we fail to get anything out of him, but they will do else where.

We definitely shouldn't be putting up with that type of player. 

I personally don't think he's a Traore either, hasn't got the mentality in my opinion. Technically he can do some lovely things but he didn't even look that impressive in the championship, Traore destroyed teams at that level before he honed his skills. 

Think trezeguet could be a decent player even though he's been largely crap, at least he shows the right attitude. 

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think it says something that Smith only made 2 subs and Everton made the (in)famous five subs even though we have conceded more goals in the last 15 minutes of games than any other side in the prem. We don't have the quality.

But Smith said in his post match interview......the players have got better as the season has progressed.

help me.

1 minute ago, kiltorken said:

We definitely shouldn't be putting up with that type of player. 

I personally don't think he's a Traore either, hasn't got the mentality in my opinion. Technically he can do some lovely things but he didn't even look that impressive in the championship, Traore destroyed teams at that level before he honed his skills. 

Think trezeguet could be a decent player even though he's been largely crap, at least he shows the right attitude. 

I wasn't comparing the players......just the situation of us not getting anything out of them.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Load of **** dogshit. 

Luis was good again. 

People waxing lyrical about how well we did would do well to remember that we had 1 shot on target, against an absolutely dire Everton. 

We had plenty of opportunities.  We played well unfortunately we didnt buy a decent winger or striker. Something to take into the next game....think positive 

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

The fat lady from the end of Morecambe and Wise is singing rather loudly.

I think she has been singing for some time.....we just haven't been listening.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, TRO said:

I think she has been singing for some time.....we just haven't been listening.

No, SOME of us have been listening.

Others still seem to think "if, if if"..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lerner's Driver said:

The only thing more certain than that Everton equaliser is Donald Trump lying again tomorrow.

We need to go down to put an end to the illusion that these players are good enough to be in this league.

The midfield play was actually pretty decent, but we are weak at the back. Another pathetic result.

Smith out irrespective of if we stay up.

About 8 of the 11 could.survive easily.in this division. Unfortunately we dont have a winger or striker who is above championship level. That is absolutely not on Smith. We need to stick with Smith irrespective if we.go.down

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

No, SOME of us have been listening.

Others still seem to think "if, if if"..

We have been shabby,in the air, in the box all season.......and yet once again, we fail to challenge in the air at the post...

in football the famous line is " we will learn from this".......we have been doing this all season......we learn nothing.

When does the bull shit end?

• Like 1