Ratings & Reactions: Everton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/07/20 at 22:59

I think we need Watford to neat West Ham because I believe they can beat Arsenal in the final game. The hope is of course that Arsenal will be thinking of the FA Cup and lose to us but then possibly lose to Watford too. I think Watford and West Ham will lose to the two Mancs.

I’ve not lost all hope, it was vital we didn’t completely fold and lose this evening. We must win the last two games and we’ve played well enough in the previous two games to suggest we might. Of course if Arsenal bring their A game they’ll beat us, let’s hope they don’t. 

On the other hand Watford have a last three game melt down get hammered in them all and we stay up with on goal difference with one win and a narrow defeat. Give me some more straws to clutch at!

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

He played well to be fair. Walcott would never do that again in a hundred attempts. That’s our season in a nutshell 

I have seen Targett lose out on important headers more than once this season....its wimp football.....lacks conviction.

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

Do you really think El Ghazi done his best with that cross?....players like Gray, Lochead, would have headed that in......El Ghazi pulled up, not brave enough.

He actually got too far ahead of it. It's kinda funny we could have done with AEG on the end of Walcott's header and Konsa going for Jack's cross lol.😂🤭

29 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Nah, if you know Villa they rarely deliver. I've been half interested, expecting the worst for most of the season because that's what this team provides. Again and again. Not good enough.

And i will be surprised, if we get to the bottom of whats wrong....I have minimum confidence about next season, irrespective of what division we are in.

12 minutes ago, romavillan said:

He got clattered, he didn't pull out of it, he just managed to backheel it clear from less than a yard out. Not bravery, just needed a cooler head and watch the ball!

Exactly. No need to go through anybody like you said composure.

• Like 1

And by the way, before his injury last season this was the Jack we are now seeing since restart. So the Jack we saw after his injury last season isn't the true Grealish, but this Grealish we see now that was the Jack before his injury last season, a luxury we can't afford. As for our striking options. Jesus, who the hell decides as woeful. At least Wesley has good hold up play and power as Sammatta and Davis ain't the answer, I doubt they would be in the championship. Christ Davis failed to impress in that division!

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Good tactics go to the wrong ground and win via forfeit. Get the NSWE's legal teams on it.

Even with the gargantuan financial might of NSWE and the world’s best lawyers, it would still get overturned by VAR. 

• Haha 1

Again we draw a game we should have won, so since the restart that's Sheff. Utd, Newcastle and Everton.

However we played well and dominated much of the game and our midfield was good. 

Observations:

Samatta offers us nothing, Davis did more in his substitute appearance.

Hourihane MOTM for me, he set up a lot of our attacking play.

Luiz was great once again.

Grealish was better first half, again held on to the ball way too much and caught in possession; he should realise this now as he's constantly attracting two players when he has the ball. Again I persist with the narrative that he hasn't been at his best since the restart. 

Thought the rest did ok.

We need four points and hope the others help us out.

UTV.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TRO said:

And i will be surprised, if we get to the bottom of whats wrong....I have minimum confidence about next season, irrespective of what division we are in.

In my opinion there is a big difference in quality, our lot, however sh*t they are now, will probably do okay down there, but we are going to see another lot of heavy recruiting as players leave and that never bodes well for cohesive forward momentum. I just want a Villa side that look like a proper team and that knows what they are doing. We have been a rag bag of randoms for as long as I can remember. It's **** depressing.

• Thanks 1

Absolute sickener. Haven’t felt this deflated after a game in ages. Think we’ll come to rue that AEG miss but we should’ve dealt better with their goal.

No idea what we want tomorrow night. Disagree with those hoping for a Watford win though - think that would be worst outcome for us.

McGinn should have come off but we don't have any midfielders to bring on for him.

El Ghazi seems to have forgotten how to play football.

Luiz, Elmo, Trez our best players.  Konsa had been great until his brain fart attempted clearance.

A disaster waiting to happen from the second we went ahead and then sat back.  So predictable, yet so disappointing. 

The players are not good enough for the Premier League at the moment

30 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

We looked okay in the first half, Luiz and Grealish linked up well but were short of any half decent options. We missed what we all said we needed back in August, a decent striker and a decent winger. Samatta and Trezeguet were terrible in the final third. Then after going a goal up we do a Villa and stop playing. Inevitable really. Just annoying that you get your hopes up, 10 minutes from time and we’re one point from safety, but they can’t hold on. Again. 

I really can’t see us staying up now, much as I’d love to. I’m afraid that’s it now, we are the architects of our own downfall and will get what we deserved. It’s a shame as with another year and some key additions, there is potential in this team. 

The sad thing is, like most of the season, we were in a winning position....and lacked bravery and conviction to see it through.

The winger and striker would be be nifty.....but its conceding that has us close to relegation.....we did get the potentially winning goal.

we was minutes away and have been in umpteen games this season.....the team has a soft underbelly, and there is no sign of that changing....and if we carry on as we are, that will too.

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

McGinn should have come off but we don't have any midfielders to bring on for him.

El Ghazi seems to have forgotten how to play football.

Luiz, Elmo, Trez our best players.  Konsa had been great until his brain fart attempted clearance.

A disaster waiting to happen from the second we went ahead and then sat back.  So predictable, yet so disappointing. 

The players are not good enough for the Premier League at the moment

Not accurate about after we went ahead. We kept attacking for once and should have made it 2-0