Ratings & Reactions: Everton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/07/20 at 22:59

4 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

That's not what I'm saying and you know it.

Read it back to yourself...That's exactly what you say lol. How the frig am I suppose to know what your trying to say if I don't get it

7 minutes ago, skell said:

We go down, lose Jack maybe one more. This team with a couple of good signings would come back up again. I guarantee after 3 wins in the championship all the positivity will return again. No need to change .

Who is going to make these good signings?....its all ifs ,but and maybe's based on doing the same things with the same people..

4 minutes ago, skell said:

We go down, lose Jack maybe one more. This team with a couple of good signings would come back up again. I guarantee after 3 wins in the championship all the positivity will return again. No need to change .

Grealish deal is already done,luiz has played his way back into the Man city side which was always peps plan,mings will be gone once a decent bid comes in for him..

The likes of trez and el ghazi and nakamba will be sold (their agents have already been talking to other clubs)

When you say "No need to change" there are huge changes required to rebuild our squad into a footballing team with heart,desire and want to play for the shirt a la wolves.

The changes we need have to start from the top to include getting rid of suso and all the scouts for a start.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Glad I was working and there for didn't watch. Listened to Mr defeatist Dean at the end and that was enough for me  

I couldn't believe some of the things he said....pure fantasy.

In contrast, Wilder had a bad night with his lot and told the truth, despite the unsavoury nature of it.

I have a real dubious view of managers who keep defending their players, despite obvious shortcomings.....I understand the essence of retaining their confidence, but it can also drift in to condoning or covering your own arse, through mutual loyalty.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, skell said:

I really dont get the criticism of Smith.  If we had bought the winger striker he wanted we would be staying up. We bought a.lot.of.non premier league ready players and its took a while for.them to fit in.

Who was this that he wanted and was not given?

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

Who is going to make these good signings?....its all ifs ,but and maybe's based on doing the same things with the same people..

Suso goes. For sure. Smith makes the signings. Job done

6 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Grealish deal is already done,luiz has played his way back into the Man city side which was always peps plan,mings will be gone once a decent bid comes in for him..

The likes of trez and el ghazi and nakamba will be sold (their agents have already been talking to other clubs)

When you say "No need to change" there are huge changes required to rebuild our squad into a footballing team with heart,desire and want to play for the shirt a la wolves.

The changes we need have to start from the top to include getting rid of suso and all the scouts for a start.

If what you suggest happens. Next year we have heaton. Guilbert. Konsa Engels. Target.

Mginn Hourihane. 

Davis wesley samatta 

It's a pretty good core to start with. I have no problem if Suso goes .for sure we.need players with heart and desire.

11 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

This is all complete speculation.

• Like 1

Smith himself decided not to sign Maupay because he thought he was too expensive, he's said so himself. This idea that he's having to work with players that he didn't want is false.

• Like 1

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

How do you know any of this. It is pointless to just pull opinions out of the air and present them as facts.

I think if you read papers and journalists who are in the know it was a commonly held opinion re Maupay and Benrahma.  So it's not just pulling them out of the air. My point is that players were  bought by Suso that have been awful.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Smith himself decided not to sign Maupay because he thought he was too expensive, he's said so himself. This idea that he's having to work with players that he didn't want is false.

He decided or pulsow decided or Suso or we didnt have enough money.  We may never know.   I'm sure we got players who weren't his first choice or second  choice,  so to say he got what he wanted would be false also. 

"He's a good lad who I get on really well with, a good player but, again, the market value of the players was growing and growing.

"I felt we had to walk (away) as a football club at the stage it got to. He ended up going to Brighton and good luck to him. He's scored a few goals already, he's a good kid and hopefully he has a dry spell on Saturday."

Birmingham Mail

• Like 1

Watching motd and was wondering how we would have done this year if we hadn’t written off that miserable lazy b***ard Jordan Ayew and replaced him with what we have now. Perhaps if players were given more of a chance we could build a squad rather than demanding perfection every time they step on the pitch.

• Like 1