Ratings & Reactions: Everton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/07/20 at 22:59

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

We're a Premier League club with a championship manager. That simple

FTFY.

Sums up the season. Lack of game experience. Naivety will get us relegated.  I think on paper there are 3 worse teams than us but have thrown so, so, so, many points away this season its ridiculous.  Win the last 2 or that's it.

Not beating Newcastle was the final blow. This is just a pleasant rally before the inevitable. Its like the final lucid moments of a terminally ill patient about to pop their clogs.

Championship football. 46 games in a condensed season is going to be interesting.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

Just can't believe we bottled it AGAIN!

when will we learn that after scoring a goal, sitting deeper and deeper, and giving the opposition time on the ball always seems to end in disaster.

• Like 1

Can't help but think that if Trez was on the end of that cross that El Ghazi missed, he would have probably scored it, given his record of nicking goals at the far post.

Samatta and El Ghazi are both atrocious top flight footballers - El Ghazi might do a job for us next season but Samatta can do one, he's awful. In fact, let's get rid of all the crap that we purchased from the Belgian league - Wesley is no Benteke and Nakamba is rubbish as well.

I think we've made it very hard for ourselves now to stay up.

15 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

He is so weak. He was scared to attack that ball. Andy Gray would have sent the ball, the defender and the keeper into the net. AEG can eff off. He is a pussy

And VAR would have disallowed it for a foul sadly.

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

This team is not capable of holding a lead. It's mental weakness, and comes from inexperience, lower league players, and soft manager. They want to hang onto the win so bad it turns against them. Frustrating and expected. 

So Walcott makes targett look like an aerial duel between Big Dunc and alan wright.

That was a shocking attempt at preventing Danger from targett....lacked bravery and conviction.

• Like 4

We looked okay in the first half, Luiz and Grealish linked up well but were short of any half decent options. We missed what we all said we needed back in August, a decent striker and a decent winger. Samatta and Trezeguet were terrible in the final third. Then after going a goal up we do a Villa and stop playing. Inevitable really. Just annoying that you get your hopes up, 10 minutes from time and we’re one point from safety, but they can’t hold on. Again. 

I really can’t see us staying up now, much as I’d love to. I’m afraid that’s it now, we are the architects of our own downfall and will get what we deserved. It’s a shame as with another year and some key additions, there is potential in this team. 

8 minutes ago, jim said:

FTFY.

If you think the manager is the problem after watching the amount of personal mistakes and lack of individual skill we've seen this season I'm not sure football is the sport for you. 

• Like 1