Villa Kit 2020/1

AtkinsonWonderGoal

Quite like the home shirt, wasn't sure about the pin stripes at first but the close up really sells it for me, love the little details. Such a shame about the badge etc being so high... from the outside looking in I'd say the designer had that stuff lower to begin with and someone has insisted it be much higher so it is seen more during interviews etc. At that point the designer only really has a couple of options, do as they are told and get paid, or re-design it without the blue going across the shoulder to accommodate the move, how much time they had left may also have dictated the decision. I don't think a good designer would ever intentionally put the badge that close to the shoulder. So frustrating, so close to a really nice shirt, but that's the life of a designer, design decisions made by people who don't understand the design 🤷‍♂️

I haven't bought a shirt in many a year, but a few years back I bought my older Brother a Villa shirt for his 40th, it's my 40th coming up and I'm expecting he might get me the same, so I was really hoping this seasons would be a belter!

The away shirt I'm less convinced by, it's harder not to design a nice shirt in black but somehow it's just a bit meh. As others have mentioned a monochrome crest would have helped, again may not have been the designers decision, the club might insist home and away kits keep the full crest to 'protect'  their brand or whatever. Was the same for last seasons kits.

Third kit, not a fan of either of the designs particularly. Never been one for Camouflage patterns on football shirts and I'm not sold on the colours of the Cream one, the third kit should be an opportunity to do something a bit out there, like the Luke one a few years back, the two designs I've seen so far don't look like there's a whole lot of effort gone in to them, neither is particularly inspiring. 

I always say it's easier for us armchair kit designers to come up with nice concepts, and that's because we don't have the restrictions that the real designers have to deal with.

13 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

I'm not surprised the Kappa kits are so small. As a regular traveller to Verona I can say that as someone 5'8 and slim that I tower above the locals. Italians are tiny!

Primo Carnera would turn in his grave.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

That third kit is horrid.  Hopefully we won't have to wear it if the away kit is black, now Bournemouth are down nobody should clash with the away kit.

I agree, it’s awful. They’ll wear it a couple times, I’m sure, simply for the sake of selling shirts.

34 minutes ago, punkymonkey666 said:

No Villa badges. 

Could be a Kappa template kit. Unless the badges have fallen off already 

That’s exactly what I think it is. We haven’t officially released the away shirt, the ladies can’t play in the home kit due to the colour clash with the Arsenal home shirt, so they just slapped the sponsor on a dark blue kappa template for the time being.

Â