Villa Kit 2020/1

AtkinsonWonderGoal

8 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Prefer that one tbh, it's probably a sign of getting old. It is am interesting inverse relationship between rising obesity  levels and the tight fit of football shirts! Is it a way to body shame us to the gym?

I think the 09/10 one had the perfect cut and fit, this one fit like a set of drapes. Still my favourite kit after the promotion seasons one.

_46646837_008204766-1.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Reminds me of the 08/09 kit but with a more modern fit and cut.

new-aston-villa-home-shirt1.jpg.2567b6b8cbcd6a6794bab09bd0b6867a.jpg

That was the first thing I thought of when I saw it too! Not a bad kit to try and emulate mind......

5 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

Half of this thread is like twitter: thirsty bastards trying to see how much they can demonstratively hate the kit in a hunt for clout. 

I don’t really get too excited about the home kit release. The claret body, blue sleeves is lovely, but it’s tough to get overly creative with such restrictions. Don’t know how you can react “omfg I love it” or “omfg I hate it.” They’re all very similar. “Good” and “Bad” home kits are dependent on what memories are made in them, imo.

I love the away and third kit releases. That’s where we can see some fun stuff.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MNVillan said:

I don’t really get too excited about the home kit release. The claret body, blue sleeves is lovely, but it’s tough to get overly creative with such restrictions. Don’t know how you can react “omfg I love it” or “omfg I hate it.” They’re all very similar. “Good” and “Bad” home kits are dependent on what memories are made in them, imo.

I agree completely.

And, I ordered a Grealish 10, as I opted for Delph instead of Grealish for the FA Cup Final and always regretted it. Way I figure it is this: that kit with the PL badge doesn't exist without his work, he's our captain, he led us as Captain to promotion and safety, why not?

I'll get McGinn #7 on the black change strip for fun, even if he's gone. Screw it: I live in Arkansas, who will know. And for the 3rd? Well, that's where my son's name goes.

• Like 1

The club have several famous past shirts as retro kits for sale on the online shop. 

Hopefully they consider doing a retro release of that Luke promotion season shirt. It's the most popular shirt we've had in ages and it was sold in such limited numbers. Like a lot of people I'm kicking myself for missing out. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

The club have several famous past shirts as retro kits for sale on the online shop. 

Hopefully they consider doing a retro release of that Luke promotion season shirt. It's the most popular shirt we've had in ages and it was sold in such limited numbers. Like a lot of people I'm kicking myself for missing out. 

eBay mate, always better to have the original.

8 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Every team has this basic setup for a home shirt yet they get some nice kits. Arsenal are very similar to us but have had some good designs. I like their new kit a lot. 

I should probably hold judgment on ours until I've seen an actual footballer in it, but the curves and the design don't really suit that DJ guy. It makes him look small waisted and narrow shouldered. Pinstripes too...my word, not for a tall person (unless they're ripped). 

10 hours ago, 479Villan said:

Half of this thread is like twitter: thirsty bastards trying to see how much they can demonstratively hate the kit in a hunt for clout. 

Or, you know, people with a different opinion

Looks so much better on an athlete. The kit is fine for the football team. I like it now having been very negative before! I'm not getting it though (because it's a rip off as much as anything!).

1963830884_Screenshot2020-08-02at11_33_16.png.e364ebf35684f9556b0e01a597ee0397.png

Edited by Rolta

Â