New Manager...

AvfcRigo82

Next managerial appointment should be...  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Next managerial appointment should be...

• Arsene Wenger
    • Chris Houghton
    • Sam Allerdyce
    • Maurico Pochettino
    • Sean Dyche
    • Manuel Pellegrini
    • Tony Pulis
    • John Terry
    • Leonardo Jardim
    • Ernesto Valverde

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/20 at 22:59

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Your talking absolute garbage mate. Im british myself why would i be racist to myself.

Saying i dont rate British managers is not 

My bad, sorry for use of that word. Consider comment retracted,  but I have to ask why would you tar them all with the same brush then? There are (albeit not many) decent British managers out there. 

Rodgers, by your own judgement would do a job,  so don't assume they're all useless dinosaurs.  Admittedly I don't see how we 'd persuade him to leave Leicester or be able to pay them enough compo but I'd give it a go still.

What about Howe? Bournemouth would likely want rid of him if they go down, if they stay up he'd probably still be attainable due to the respective club profiles and the fact he hasnt pushed on following to some limited investment? Maybe not ideal for us but he's got some lessons learned there that would be valuable for us and has a progressive playing style, getting players performing above their ability.

Beyond that you're looking at lower league managers currently, and I'd agree the step up would be too much for them. Whilst no more risky than hiring a foreign manager that hasn't managed in england before, it would likely just be a case of repeating what has happened with Smith. Monk had experience in the PL with Swansea, over achieved at blues, but admittedly hasn't demonstrated much in his current role at Sheff Wed but may be another option. 

I'd back Smith to get us promoted next season, but not sure if he has learnt his lessons this year to be able to do better in the PL next time round. Post the covid break there are too many variables to play the blame entirely at Smith's door.

Ultimately,  I'm still not sure swapping for another totally unknown quantity that hasn't managed in England is the way to go after the rotation of managers we've had lately. Stabilise then build for me. 

45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He quit Bromma in 2017 and didn't manage for 2 years. Spent a couple of months in the Danish 2nd division before taking Helsingborg job. 

This is his 1st top flight job

Thanks scoop, but I don’t know why your telling me something I already know. Maybe if you did a little more research than Wikipedia, you would a little more about his coaching.

7 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Thanks scoop, but I don’t know why your telling me something I already know. Maybe if you did a little more research than Wikipedia, you would a little more about his coaching.

Well I have seen his team play live 🙄 and have an interest in the Swedish league so I am aware

• Like 1

Britain refers to England Scotland and Wales. Rodgers therefore is not from Britain in the traditional sense. Northern Ireland is a part of The UK.  Although when referring to the Northern Irish people in relation to The United Kingdom you don't say United kingdomer or kingdomish you say British. My head hurts 😫

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Britain refers to England Scotland and Wales. Rodgers therefore is not from Britain in the traditional sense. Northern Ireland is a part of The UK.  Although when referring to the Northern Irish people in relation to The United Kingdom you don't say United kingdomer or kingdomish you say British. My head hurts 😫

British is the nationality for people from the UK—so he'd definitely be considered a British manager—unless he thought of himself as Irish and not British. Britain is doesn't exist unless you're saying Great Britain (the island itself), which is what you were saying, and being real casual so missing the first word. 

Edited by Rolta

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Chris Hughton sounds the most realistic from the usual names. Been out of game 12 months so probably read to come back in. Has promotions from championship and also shown he can keep team up as he did with Brighton for two years before they sacked him. Is reasonanly conservative but dosen't just lump it up the pitch all the time.

Probably similar to what we want to do but couldn't quite manage with DS.

Part of it is nagging away at me it will just be same old same old whereas many other clubs get in good managers from abroad while championship clubs and they really improve as clubs pretty quickly and continue that in premier league.

Decent shout imo.

unless the owners fancy a sophisticated fancy dan.....but can't see that.

58 minutes ago, TRO said:

Decent shout imo.

unless the owners fancy a sophisticated fancy dan.....but can't see that.

I think switching smith for hughton would be a change for the sake of it. 

I'd rather let smith have more time to try and build something. 

• Like 2

If he was going to be sacked would have happened last night or today, with how thick and fast the games are coming we aren't going to change manager half way through the week.