New Manager...

AvfcRigo82

Next managerial appointment should be...  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Next managerial appointment should be...

• Arsene Wenger
    • Chris Houghton
    • Sam Allerdyce
    • Maurico Pochettino
    • Sean Dyche
    • Manuel Pellegrini
    • Tony Pulis
    • John Terry
    • Leonardo Jardim
    • Ernesto Valverde

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/20 at 22:59

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But we’d have a far better squad this time around. 

And we’d have a LOT of money to replace Jack with a quality Chanpionship midfielder. Let’s go out and buy Knockaert for example. He’s consistently one of the best players in the championship. 

People are taking like we’d drop down, lose our best players and not sign anyone. 

Smith did well at Brentford, got us promoted. I don’t know why people don’t think he could get one of the best squads in the league, which I think we’d have, promoted again

But we won't have Jack. I don't think this can be emphasized enough. He was absolutely crucial to our record breaking victories and I think its reasonable to be concerned the second time around without him. I wouldn't say our squad is that much better just because of losing him. 

Plus, I thought the narrative around our squad was that its shit? Our squad is apparently so shit that relegation shouldn't be surprising yet apparently its so great that we should walk the championship?

Edited by Laughable Chimp

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

He takes plenty of criticism from me certainly.

I've been disappointed with his lack of tactical flexibility, something that had niggled me since the Championship.

I'm disappointed with his team selections. Many times he's started Hourihane in games you knew he'd get flattened etc.

His subs on 60 mins of Trez/El Ghazi for either El Ghazi or Trez have started to grate.

However!

I don't know what he's meant to do with the players he has. They're pony. Different formations is the obvious one, and he hasn't tried that bar a 343 be didn't like himself that left us so light in midfield teams walked through us at will.

If Suso couldn't find a left back better than Targett for 14m rising to 17m that should be him out the door right away.

Same for Trez, same for Marv.

If Suso couldn't find a striker better than Wes for £20m, he's in the wrong job and should go and be a farmer or something.

Fully aggreed…….. but Smith has to take his share of the blame for signing those players, as he will have signed off on them

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

No idea. 

But I think the only person on this list who would be in with a chance is Terry.

They might give it to terry but i think thats a huge gamble.

Terry without a doubt has more passion than smith. But i do worry about having him whem our defence is so poor. Im not sure how much of a role JT has on that side but you would imagine its a big part.

I think if smith were to leave they would probably keep JT on as a number 2 or oart of the coaching staff because of the value he brings in terms of players we could attract 

Gerrard if we stay up - Bring the top class Gary Mc with him...……….. 

Dunno why, think that would be a good fit...………… 

• Haha 2

There's no way Terry will get the job if Smith goes, as Terry will have been part of the management that has already failed, only way Terry would have been given a chance is if Smith was sacked before season finished and there was no other choice.

59 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

But we won't have Jack. I don't think this can be emphasized enough. He was absolutely crucial to our record breaking victories and I think its reasonable to be concerned the second time around without him. I wouldn't say our squad is that much better just because of losing him. 

Plus, I thought the narrative around our squad was that its shit? Our squad is apparently so shit that relegation shouldn't be surprising yet apparently its so great that we should walk the championship?

We won’t have jack. But we’ll have a far better all round squad and a relative fortune (at that level) to replace Jack with. Other teams manage to get promoted without Jack Grealish playing for them. 

Our squad is shit for the premier league. It wouldn’t be shit in the championship though. I said before, Jota for example. Good player in the championship. Absolute shite at this level. El Ghazi, impressive in the champ. Shite at PL level. McGinn, amazing in the championship, only decent at PL level. 

our current squad would get promoted at a canter. Yes we’d lose a few players if we go down. But we’d have a relative fortune to replace them with. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Terry without a doubt has more passion than smith. But i do worry about having him whem our defence is so poor. Im not sure how much of a role JT has on that side but you would imagine its a big part.

I think if smith were to leave they would probably keep JT on as a number 2 or oart of the coaching staff because of the value he brings in terms of players we could attract 

I wasn’t advocating Terry by the way. I’d rather keep Smith

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

His miserable celebration vs Chelsea indicates a passionate Villa man. I dont think Terry wants to be a No.1 anyway

If Smith is sacked, Terry has to go too

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

His miserable celebration vs Chelsea indicates a passionate Villa man. I dont think Terry wants to be a No.1 anyway

If Smith is sacked, Terry has to go too

Your not trying to tell me smith has more passion than terry are you 🙂

Id keep terry on. Get rid of reilly and smith

If Deano goes i would try for Eddie Howe still young done a great job at a small club punching way above their weight.   Plays decent football, improves players most of the time.

Gone a little stale at Bournemouth needs a fresh challenge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

If Deano goes i would try for Eddie Howe still young done a great job at a small club punching way above their weight.   Plays decent football, improves players most of the time.

Gone a little stale at Bournemouth needs a fresh challenge.

I'll say it again, Eddie "I spoofed 50+ million on Solanke and I've" Howe. No thanks, one hit wonder and even that's not working anymore. 

If Smith got sacked for Eddie Howe, I would be more than disappointed. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Your not trying to tell me smith has more passion than terry are you 🙂

Id keep terry on. Get rid of reilly and smith

Terry does have  passion but it’s not directed towards our club. We were always a steppingstone to develop his aspirations unfortunately for him we turned out to be shit and he has to start again. Even if he were to be given the job (god forbid) he would be off as soon as he got a better offer. He will be totally pissed that Lampard got the Chelsea job in front of him..

• Like 1

I firmly believe Terry would not be a good appointment.

He won't carry the same aura he would have done to a new group of players as he'll be tarnished by any perceived failure this season.

Yes Smith is passionate. He's a fan which shows. I noticed it most recently in the first drinks break vs Newcastle. (Not saying he's an ace manager but I think he has more passion for Villa, and in general, than Terry, yes.

Terry doesn't have the same level of intelligence that peers of his era who have gone on to do well have. I just don't see obvious attributes that makes me think he could step up at this level, he needs to manage in L1 first. Obviously as fans we have no real idea though and if he proves me wrong, great!

7 hours ago, smg said:

Terry does have  passion but it’s not directed towards our club. We were always a steppingstone to develop his aspirations unfortunately for him we turned out to be shit and he has to start again. Even if he were to be given the job (god forbid) he would be off as soon as he got a better offer. He will be totally pissed that Lampard got the Chelsea job in front of him..

Sorry i dont buy that argument. Chelsea will always be his club just just like how villa ia for taylor. But that doesnt strike me that JT doesnt care. He is always promoting us in social media and i see him barking the orders more than smith on touchline. Giving huddle talks etc.

Terry is good to keep for the club due to level of players ha can attract. I wouldnt want him as amanger not yet anyway needs more experience. I think he will leave anyway in next few years if he doesnt go with Smith as i can see him getting offers for ither jobs