New Manager...

AvfcRigo82

Next managerial appointment should be...  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Next managerial appointment should be...

• Arsene Wenger
    • Chris Houghton
    • Sam Allerdyce
    • Maurico Pochettino
    • Sean Dyche
    • Manuel Pellegrini
    • Tony Pulis
    • John Terry
    • Leonardo Jardim
    • Ernesto Valverde

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/20 at 22:59

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I love mellberg he is a villa legend  but i dont want the fans turning on him like in the past. Its a massive job and a bigger gamble than Smith. 

Your right it is a massive job, but we also aren’t the club we were and we need to change the narrative if we want to be successful again. 

We're all hoping for a manager to come in turn our fortunes around and return us to those distant happier times, but when you look at other clubs that have turned around their fortunes it's often less so because of any particular manager and more to do with the structure around the manager, Swansea had that thing where they insisted that all their managers play to the same style, Southampton's success had a lot to do with Cortese and his ideas, Leicester's success has been in no small part due to excellent scouting, it's hard to imagine that could have done a better job than Nuno at Wolves, but a lot of their success is down to Mendes.

I don't think there  are many examples these days of a manager alone turning around a club's fortunes, first one that comes to mind is Wenger at Arsenal. So I think if we're to succeed we're going to have to get more things right than just a new manager.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

People seriously believe we could get Poch? 😂 

We wont now thats for sure i think if we were in Newcastle position than yes. But if we were in Newcastles position now we wouldnt need to sack smith!

1 hour ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

People seriously believe we could get Poch? 😂 

We could get anyone if we really wanted them, it's over to the owners and co. to show us how ambitious they intend to be.

I was going to add Mick McCarthy to the list but as we're too small a club to attract a manager of his ilk and an unrealistic target, I decided to leave him off.  Apologies.   :lol:

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I would go for Ronaldo over Messi myself.

I can't see De Bruyne keeping Nakamba out the team either.

;)

I was thinking of age out of the two and going for Messi over Ronaldo  😜

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We could get anyone if we really wanted them, it's over to the owners and co. to show us how ambitious they intend to be.

I was going to add Mick McCarthy to the list but as we're too small a club to attract a manager of his ilk and an unrealistic target, I decided to leave him off.  Apologies.

I just can't see Poch managing in the championship if we do go down....

Edited by AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Leicester showed great ambition too in getting him.

Had you suggested to someone weeks prior to that in that he would leave a treble treble chasing Celtic 3/4 way through the season to take the Leicester job you would have been wheeled off in a straitjacket.

Only people ever moaning were Scottish press and Celtic.

Obvious move to make for Rodgers. 

Great appointment by Leicester, an obvious step up for them. 

Biggest "get" in recent years has to be Leeds getting Bielsa in Championship.

I don’t believe we could convince Poch to manage in a lower league, but I’m certainly not going to laugh or ridicule the suggestion.  It shows club ambition to even approach his agent.  That kind of ambitious attempt gets noticed in the footballing world.  We need to show that we mean business and want to build something special.