New Manager...

AvfcRigo82

Next managerial appointment should be...  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Next managerial appointment should be...

• Arsene Wenger
    • Chris Houghton
    • Sam Allerdyce
    • Maurico Pochettino
    • Sean Dyche
    • Manuel Pellegrini
    • Tony Pulis
    • John Terry
    • Leonardo Jardim
    • Ernesto Valverde

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/20 at 22:59

Chris Hughton sounds the most realistic from the usual names. Been out of game 12 months so probably read to come back in. Has promotions from championship and also shown he can keep team up as he did with Brighton for two years before they sacked him. Is reasonanly conservative but dosen't just lump it up the pitch all the time.

Probably similar to what we want to do but couldn't quite manage with DS.

Part of it is nagging away at me it will just be same old same old whereas many other clubs get in good managers from abroad while championship clubs and they really improve as clubs pretty quickly and continue that in premier league.

47 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is 3 games into the Helsingborg job and has been a dreadful start. 0 goals 7 conceded

Maybe have a look at what he was doing as a manager since 2015, not 3 matches into a new position. Maybe the issues were there before he was appointed and needs time to address them?

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Chris Hughton sounds the most realistic from the usual names. Been out of game 12 months so probably read to come back in. Has promotions from championship and also shown he can keep team up as he did with Brighton for two years before they sacked him. Is reasonanly conservative but dosen't just lump it up the pitch all the time.

Part of it is nagging away at me it will just be same old same old whereas many other clubs get in good managers from abroad while championship clubs and they really improve as clubs pretty quickly and continue that in premier league.

Hughton is another one who i don't think would handle the pressure.

Managing Norwich and Brighton isn't the same as managing Villa. It just isn't.

We need a big name.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Hughton is another one who i don't think would handle the pressure.

Managing Norwich and Brighton isn't the same as managing Villa. It just isn't.

We need a big name.

Frank Lampard wasn't a name in terms of management when he setup shop at Derby...

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Frank Lampard wasn't a name in terms of management when he setup shop at Derby...

Lampard is used to the expectations of a big club and he is a very bright man with high intelligence. He is a good reader of the game.

Also a name and character like Lampard will automatically command respect. Smith is still a nobody in terms of reputation.

He did a fine job at Derby considering it was his first attempt in management.

Edited by villalad21

24 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Yeah saying you don't want a British manager (cause they're all bad) then in the next post saying you want a British manager, well done. 

Where did i say they were all bad? I said our past british managers have been failures i want a nuno type like jardim.  Again not hard to understand 

And rodgers BEFORE Smith.  

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Lampard is used to the expectations of a big club and he is a very bright man with high intelligence. He is a good reader of the game.

Based on that, Should we give John Terry the job?

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Racist 😂😂😂😂

Go home son

What would you call implying that all people from the same country are "all shit"?

Maybe it was inferred by TheTrees and me, but if you're trying to make it clear that you are referring to a type of manager, talk about their style, not the country they're from

13 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Maybe have a look at what he was doing as a manager since 2015, not 3 matches into a new position. Maybe the issues were there before he was appointed and needs time to address them?

He quit Bromma in 2017 and didn't manage for 2 years. Spent a couple of months in the Danish 2nd division before taking Helsingborg job. 

This is his 1st top flight job

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Based on that, Should we give John Terry the job?

It would still be a gamble. It was a gamble from Derby.

Fulham gave it to Scott Parker in Fulhams run in last season. Ultimately it didn't work.

28 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Do you think it is laughably wrong that Fat Sam knows how to build a team that gets results? His football may be ugly and he may be an arrogant twa*t, but I think his pragmatism is the one thing everyone accepts is true about him.

Just think he’s an awful manager

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

What would you call implying that all people from the same country are "all shit"?

Maybe it was inferred by TheTrees and me, but if you're trying to make it clear that you are referring to a type of manager, talk about their style, not the country they're from

Your talking absolute garbage mate. Im british myself why would i be racist to myself.

Saying i dont rate British managers is not racist. Jesus

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It would still be a gamble. It was a gamble from Derby.

Fulham gave it to Scott Parker in Fulhams run in last season. Ultimately it didn't work.

Surely not much of a gamble they knew what they were getting?

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Also a name and character like Lampard will automatically command respect.

What is the difference about John Terry to Frank Lampard in terms of starting out in management?

Edited by AvfcRigo82

28 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I'd like to see us try this too. Obviously there'd have to be a clear idea of what we want and plenty of due diligence, but loads of other clubs do this successfully.

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Surely not much of a gamble they knew what they were getting?

What is difference about John Terry to Frank Lampard in terms of starting out in management?

I would be interested to see how Terry would set up a team if he was the head coach. Considering he was a defender.

Remember Lampard was an attacking minded midfielder and his teams mirrors him very much so.

I think Terry would have a more pragmatic approach after the influence he had under Mourinho coupled with being a centre back.

Edited by villalad21

Tbf if Smith is sacked, I think it has to be terry until the end of the season purely down to the fact we don’t know what league we will be in and think that one of the so called “they will keep us up” type managers like fat Sam would be appointed and everyone would be calling for his head 5 games into next season.

Give it terry, unless now Liverpool have won the league they fancy loaning us Klopp for the last few games 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

I would be interested to see how Terry would set up a team if he was the head coach. Considering he was a defender.

Remember Lampard was an attacking minded midfielder and his teams mirrors him very much so.

Nuno Espirito Santo was a goalkeeper.