Match Thread: Leicester v Villa

limpid

Just now, romavillan said:

Nah, go down this season and we'll be in way better shape than last time we went down and be in a better position to build than the summer before we got promoted. We have decent owners and I'd keep faith in the project we started from 15th in the Championship. If anything we came up a year early.

Decent owners, yes. Decent manager, nope. Need a new one. 

We need to go up like Newcastle and Wolves did because going up via the playoffs clearly doesn't work, especially when you have to replace all the loan players who left, all the ageing players out of contract, and most importantly your top goalscorer. With Smith I don't see us storming the Championship like those teams did. 

1 minute ago, Herman22 said:

How is Guilbert still on the pitch? It's one of the poorest performances I think I've ever seen in a Villa shirt. Truly pathetic. 

I know - he plays like he has no eyes.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Nah, **** that.  Just get relegated and come up as a stronger side.

As long as Smith isn’t at the helm. We saw the same problems last season as well. 

It was only down to having one of the best 11’s in the league and Jack playing out of his skin we pulled it off. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

More really, 23 left, 15 came in.

OK - but my point is more that we've sort of spent about £110m to build on a depleted squad that finished 6th in the Championship.

My only major concern is that we're looking worse week after week rather than showing signs of improvement, but getting beaten.

1 minute ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Trez and Wesley among others 

I actually think we miss Wesley...

did a lot better with him than without, that’s for sure. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Ha! Even if we were winning people like you would still find a way to claim he screwed it up.

people like me can see the bigger picture.....

do you want me to explain

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Remember when people were saying after our supposed “good performance” last week that we’d be fine if play like that for the rest of the season?

How’s that working out?

It's going exactly the way they said - if we play like that we'll be fine - if we play like this, we'll struggle to get another point.

• Like 1