Match Thread: Leicester v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

On this showing and a number of others, we simply don't have the quality for this division - you have to come up with a better core of a squad than we did and then you have to spend the £140m on top of that - the gap between the Championship and the Premier league is becoming enormous.

We're unable to use the ball, we can't get out; unless Grealish beats two men or Davis holds a long ball up we're completely trapped and at this level you can't win games with 20% possession week in and week out.

Yep, spending £140m to make a Premier League leve squad, never mind team or spine of team, was always a tall order. If we stay up we'll need 4 or 5 very good players to give it a better shot.

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Sorry, what?  He cleared the ball with his shoulder.

That's like saying making a ball-winning tackle from the side of a player is a stupid way to tackle.

I can only repeat it was a stupid way to try to clear the ball. How many times have you seen top players trying  to shoulder charge the ball away in the penalty area while raising their arm?

Like I said , raised the clear risk of benig penalised. May I enquire what actually happened?

Edited by briny_ear

Just now, Tayls said:

Same. To be honest I expected relegation when we lost to Southampton first time. Was evident we lacked fight and desire to win football matches. 

The players don’t have the talent required for this league - simple as that really. 

Neither has the manager.

Just now, WooJung said:

Why the they pass the ball so slow? My God, can't do the bloody basics... 

They lost their confidence about 10 minutes into the game and a lot of them have been hiding since.

Just now, romavillan said:

Yep, spending £140m to make a Premier League leve squad, never mind team or spine of team, was always a tall order. If we stay up we'll need 4 or 5 very good players to give it a better shot.

People always quote this £140m figure, but at least £40m of that was to stand still (MIngs, El Ghazi, Hause) with some of the players who were in a team that finished 6th in the Championship.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, thunderball said:

If McGinn picks up where he left off, he will slot in nicely. He was gash for his last 4 games

4? Add on another 5 to that and you're getting close.

1 minute ago, WooJung said:

Why the they pass the ball so slow? My God, can't do the bloody basics... 

it's one of the reasons we are always caught out and never get anywhere.

I really don't get it.

It's been like this for a long time as well!

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Kinda where i'm at.

Has felt like an eternity being resigned to stuff with this football club.

In terms of size and prestige we should be where Leicester are and them where we are, but we have been an utter shambles for longer than I can even remember. 

One day you hope we'll find ourselves as a club competing at the top end of the top league again, but it certainly won't be this season or the next season when we're in the Championship. 

Another 2 more years of this club being in an existential crisis. Briliant.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

£40m on three forwards and started the game with Elmo up front.

But at this level, £40m buys you a decent forward - and yes there are some people that get a bargain, but that's about the going rate for a decent Premier league striker. We came up with about nine players and needed too many - it meant we had to spread the money across too many positions, what we've ended up with is too many players that aren't quite good enough.

• Like 1