Match Thread: Leicester v Villa

limpid

4 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I actually think we miss Wesley...

did a lot better with him than without, that’s for sure. 

Nah, "Defending starts from the front " remember?

" Any other striker and we would have secured the points we needed at the beginning of the season to be able to lose these games " apparently.

He was holding the rest of the team back. 

It's not that the rest of the team behind and around the forward line have been absolute shite.

Christiano Ronaldo wouldn't find joy in this shower.

Thank f*ck he is injured, as he would undoubtedly be getting slaughtered.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Just now, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

How does DS recover? He hasn’t showed any ability to raise these players, which is a great shame.

I like the guy but I think he’s learning (by his own admission) and we need someone who has learned a bit more.

I don't think he is learning, that's the trouble.

We were shit last season until Grealish came back from injury, and we're still shit now.

• Like 3

Just now, thunderball said:

I’ve been a fan of Smith, and advocate for stability, but I think he is the problem

I'm not really fussed whether he is or isn't tbh - but when someone just constantly posts the same "Smith out!" crap or sarcastic comments around the same in the match thread, it's pretty irritating to read.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Lol yes, please explain it to me like I’m 5. I’d love to see your aggressively negative take on the bigger picture.

people like me always do.....

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

But at this level, £40m buys you a decent forward - and yes there are some people that get a bargain, but that's about the going rate for a decent Premier league striker. We came up with about nine players and needed too many - it meant we had to spread the money across too many positions, what we've ended up with is too many players that aren't quite good enough.

I agree again apart from the bold.

The players we've ended up with are not worth £140m. How much do you think we'd get if we sold them all again? £80m? £90m?

We bought trash.

Smith insisting on three up front and not knowing how to play any shape aside from 433 has also killed us. There's no hope beyond opponents not turning up.

We can score I have no doubt, that's easier with three strikers. We cannot keep anyone out at all.

Just now, AVFCDAN said:

Playing Luiz and Nakamba every game is a sackable offends in itself, both offer absolutely nothing, total passenger is nearly every game.

You want to see more of Hourihane and Drinkwater?

• Like 2