Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

This is the Premier League who knows best you know the same guys that invented their own version of VAR you really think they will follow any other leagues precedent!?

It's a pisstake really if they even one game goes ahead this weekend.

2 hours ago, useless said:

No way the other championshop teams below Leeds and Albion would stand for that, Fulham are only six points off top two with ten games still to play and as we've seen both Albion and Leeds are capable of going on bad runs, Fulham could actually be in the top two in little over a week and it wouldn't take the most amazing set of results for that to happen. And then think of all the players on promotion bonuses, I'm sure they wouldn't be happy to lose out on those based on a incomplete season.

Then cancel the whole thing and redo it. Damn near every team can have a claim in this situation. Who's to say someone won't go on a Villa-esque 10 game winning streak (I love that I can say that) and stoem the playoffs?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Then cancel the whole thing and redo it. Damn near every team can have a claim in this situation. Who's to say someone won't go on a Villa-esque 10 game winning streak (I love that I can say that) and stoem the playoffs?

I say.

There are only 9 games left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Absolutely no-way that games go ahead now. 

Can't see any other choice but to void the season, the whole appeal of football is how things can change at the last minute so going off current positions just won't stand or be respected.

If season is ended, I wonder if the way to decide final standings would be based on the results of playing each team once. 9 home, 9 away. Yes there’s the argument of home advantage etc, but it seems better than just going off current points. 

11 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

If season is ended, I wonder if the way to decide final standings would be based on the results of playing each team once. 9 home, 9 away. Yes there’s the argument of home advantage etc, but it seems better than just going off current points. 

they won't decide anything, It will just be null & void. No other option really as this will be going on for at least the next couple of months if not longer. Loads of players/staff from every club will be getting it at varying times for the forseeable future

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

The integrity argument is a legit one imo. Really can't see how it can go ahead. Wouldn't surprise me if they postpone for 2 weeks and then revaluate, then probably play behind closed doors if all clubs are fit and able (which they won't be). But I dunno. Going to be interesting.

Edited by PieFacE

The best idea I can think of is to increase the capacity of the league(s) and have no relegations. Obviously this would have to stop somewhere as it affects all the leagues below us too!

Liverpool really shouldn't be denied the title in any circumstance but being given the title by default would be such a hollow way of winning it and the season being voided would be so so funny 🤣🤣

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

It's a disgrace that it had to take a coach being infected for them to act.

It's a joke really.

For as much as I disagree with some of your posts (whole different point), I don't know how anyone can disagree with this. 

Literally every other sport in the world had canceled/suspended their seasons and the PL came up with the crap of playing this weekend WITH FANS allowed, and it took a ****ing coach getting tested positive for them to do any action. Utterly inexcusable, insane, and greedy. 

• Like 1

I just don't know how they would be able to resume the season at any point in the near future — until the COVID-19 is no longer "a threat". I don't think there is a way that this will be cleaned up by June 31/July 1 (the dates when contracts are up according to my FM knowledge). After this, how would they be able to continue running the league after players move on? Just don't see any real good solution for all parties (PL/Championship/L1/L2/non-leagues) where specific clubs don't have a strong reason for/against. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, useless said:

Even then you'd get the teams just below the top four complaining about it, at the moment only seven points seperate Swansea in eleventh place with Brentford in fourth place. Forest are actually on the same points as Brentford at the moment.

They might think a bit more long term...get rid of the top four, no teams coming down with PL money.... Gives teams like Forest, Preston and the like the best chance of promotion they'll ever have next year. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, blunther said:

They might think a bit more long term...get rid of the top four, no teams coming down with PL money.... Gives teams like Forest, Preston and the like the best chance of promotion they'll ever have next year. 

Also means if we relegate 5 or 6 next year that bouncing back up the year after will be the hardest it's ever been!

What they should do for now is cancel this weekends games and play them a week after the west ham game 24/05/20.

Move the fa cup to midweek.

They wont void the season because they will get legal challenges by wba and leeds. Add to that liverpool

Â