Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I'd have thought contracts etc would be unaffected - like loaning a player and them getting injured (football stops for them) the contract still stands. And FFP - well if the season is scrapped so too is the period for FFP - in fact, it could turn out to benefit those who spent big...

What about players who are hoping to move this summer? Do the prices just skyrocket even further? If they are out of contact and want to go what happens to the club's who lose their players but chasing relegation per promotion?

7 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

What about players who are hoping to move this summer? Do the prices just skyrocket even further? If they are out of contact and want to go what happens to the club's who lose their players but chasing relegation per promotion?

Well I'd imagine whatever happens it has to be one rule for all, and there will be winners and losers but what can't be done is anything that treats any club differently from any other. 

All suspending this season will do is wreak havoc on next season, the players won't have much of a summer break if any at all, there might not even be a pre-season for them, the transfer window will be disrupted as well, and you can't even say to just delay next season for a month or so because that in it's turn would mean having to delay the Euros which now look like they're going to be played in 2021. The only thing for it is just to cancel this season, we're at war with covid-19 and have to make sacrifices.

1 minute ago, useless said:

All suspending this season will do is wreak havoc on next season, the players won't have much of a summer break if any at all, there might not even be a pre-season for them, the transfer window will be disrupted as well, and you can't even say to just delay next season for a month or so because that in it's turn would mean having to delay the Euros which now look like they're going to be played in 2021. The only thing for it is just to cancel this season, we're at war with covid-19 and have to make 

And in the middle of next season you have the rescheduled world cup in Qatar

I don't see how leagues can reschedual a chunk of games into an already packed schedule.

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

This is the perfect excuse to cancel the World Cup in Qatar. Please, please, for the love of God, seize this opportunity.

Would think it would play into their hands more likely. The league's end up delayed giving it a more natural ending before Qatar 2022, then an extended break from league games (just play the domestic/European cups in Feb-June following the WC) and then recommence the following season in August again

20 hours ago, PieFacE said:

In my view of the world, they either need to keep it going and play every game in empty stadiums, or just void the season.

I can't see them cancelling the season so fully expect it to continue in empty stadiums. 

In fairness, Small Heath have been doing that for years

Â