Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

Some journalist (Roman Murphy) has said this on twitter:

The DFL and DFB are considering ending the Bundesliga season after this weekend, according to the Express. No trophy would be awarded and no relegation would take place. Instead, the Bundesliga would be expanded to 22 teams for 2020-21 with the top four teams from the second tier

Something like that would work in England :lol:

Give Liverpool the title, because of their lead, let Leeds and Baggies get promoted, but no-one gets relegated and have 22 teams next season with 5 teams relegated. That would be exciting.

Yes please.

Come on FA. Follow this great idea 🙏

21 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

We could go for the whole of the Top 6 if it kept them happy, but then the teams in 7th, 8th and 9th would moan because they’re only 1-2 points off 6th.

Maybe change it to the Top 3 get promoted because, on the same amount of games played, Fulham are 4 points above the others and the top 2 are even further ahead.

Indeed, whichever way they do it there will be some clubs that are hard done by.  Some sort of seeded playoff system seems the fairest way in a bad bunch of options to me.

Going ahead with games seems needlessly cavalier, and I’m struggling to see a scenario where it will be possible to complete the season anyway. 

• Like 1

If it went to a vote I don't see anyone other than Liverpool voting no

Maybe utd thinking they'll get 4th, maybe Sheffield thinking they'll get 7th, maybe Leicester thinking they'll get CL but with 3 players infected and others injured I'd have thought they'd think otherwise 

The problem will be if the vote is "end it now and stay as is" because of course the teams 1-4 say yes, wolves and Sheffield say yes and 10 - 17th say yes

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If it went to a vote I don't see anyone other than Liverpool voting no

Maybe utd thinking they'll get 4th, maybe Sheffield thinking they'll get 7th, maybe Leicester thinking they'll get CL but with 3 players infected and others injured I'd have thought they'd think otherwise 

The problem will be if the vote is "end it now and stay as is" because of course the teams 1-4 say yes, wolves and Sheffield say yes and 10 - 17th say yes

Think it needs a full 20 yes's to be passed.

Most likely Version of it being voided is give Liverpool the trophy and then start again next season. Maybe follow a Bundesliga style version of letting the Top 3 from Championship up for an extended league.

There's no way the bottom 3 vote themselves out. We have a legitimate claim at having a game in hand too that we might not even be there given the chance.

Edited by HalfTimePost

Â