Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What they should do for now is cancel this weekends games and play them a week after the west ham game 24/05/20.

Move the fa cup to midweek.

They wont void the season because they will get legal challenges by wba and leeds. Add to that liverpool

This is virus not going to be over by May. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Legal challenges will make the clubs look small and will have very little support especially when people are dying. 

Wow we agree on something zatman 😁

But you would have some sympathy for the clubs if that was us we would be pissed off.

Sadly money talks in today's society

Edited by Demitri_C

If the season were to get cancelled i think what the pl should agree to do is to distribute a percentage of the tv money from each club and award it to wba and leeds.

It wouldnt really be fair on them but at least they would be compensated and have money to spend how they say fit and puts them in a stronger position for the next season

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If the season were to get cancelled i think what the pl should agree to do is to distribute a percentage of the tv money from each club and award it to wba and leeds.

It wouldnt really be fair on them but at least they would be compensated and have money to spend how they say fit and puts them in a stronger position for the next season

Don't need to do that just need to give them the parachute payments of the would be relegated teams.

In fact they can distribute it evenly across all leagues to save clubs going out of business.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Liverpool really shouldn't be denied the title in any circumstance but being given the title by default would be such a hollow way of winning it and the season being voided would be so so funny 🤣🤣

I wonder if the Premier League are hoping they can get one more round in and that Liverpool can wrap it up, since that’s the only aspect of this season that’s all but determined already.

16 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I wonder if the Premier League are hoping they can get one more round in and that Liverpool can wrap it up, since that’s the only aspect of this season that’s all but determined already.

This my thought as well. Get some sort of resolution before it has to be abandoned.

44 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Don't need to do that just need to give them the parachute payments of the would be relegated teams.

In fact they can distribute it evenly across all leagues to save clubs going out of business.

Thats actually a very good idea. They wouldnt be losing much money on that basis. Also allows them to spend more than the others sides

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Then cancel the whole thing and redo it. Damn near every team can have a claim in this situation. Who's to say someone won't go on a Villa-esque 10 game winning streak (I love that I can say that) and stoem the playoffs?

I can't see Fulham doing a Villa...😉

Apparently the whole Chelsea squad and the management team are in isolation. If we aren't able to play a weakened team due to the current circumstances, then no club should be. Time to call this season off! 

No issues can be decided without completing all the fixtures, so we should all start next season in the same division, that we are now in. Something should be done for EFL clubs, that might go the way of Bury, due to their lack of match day income. Clubs might moan about not getting promoted, but with families losing relatives months/years before they might otherwise do, I doubt too many people would see that as the big issue. Let's hope the PL quickly make the right decision.

8 minutes ago, John said:

I can't see Fulham doing a Villa...😉

Apparently the whole Chelsea squad and the management team are in isolation. If we aren't able to play a weakened team due to the current circumstances, then no club should be. Time to call this season off! 

No issues can be decided without completing all the fixtures, so we should all start next season in the same division, that we are now in. Something should be done for EFL clubs, that might go the way of Bury, due to their lack of match day income. Clubs might moan about not getting promoted, but with families losing relatives months/years before they might otherwise do, I doubt too many people would see that as the big issue. Let's hope the PL quickly make the right decision.

Just take the TV money, winnings etc and distribute it evenly between the Football League and PL teams while giving teams 'a day off' from FFP. 

• Like 1

China has been dealing with this virus since November, it's only just hit here....

Due to spike in the next two to three weeks and then how long does it take after that?

The season is done, surely. Cancel it and focus on health not money, it's the only moral decision to make.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Legal challenges will make the clubs look small and will have very little support especially when people are dying. 

This is a sport that saw Cardiff chasing after money for Emilano Sala after the poor bloke tragically died in that plane crash. You have to remember clubs in this sport have no shame. 

My opinion is just stop the league try and restart it at a later date but chances are they won't be able to. Personally as a person that could be at risk from this due to having asthma I don't care how they sort it out if they choose to go with league places at time of stoppage relegating us I don't care people are dying from this illness what happens to a football club is of the least importance imo. 

Edited by Stuartc445

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You reckon players perform better behind closed doors? Less pressure from the crowd so can play with more freedom? 

I think Villa play better with a home crowd that's up for it. We've shown on many of our night games this season that the crowd has played a big part, and I think if you play behind closed doors, that would seal our relegation.

• Like 1

Â