Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Football games aren't shown anyway at 3pm?

They saying Sky won't show Super Sunday? The ramifications of that are monstrous. Sky/BT have paid billions for these games. People will all be cancelling if they can't watch football.

That’s not what it’s saying. It’s saying that the 3pm games won’t be shown live. All other televised games (including ours against Chelsea) will presumably go ahead as planned.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chappy said:

That’s not what it’s saying. It’s saying that the 3pm games won’t be shown live. All other televised games (including ours against Chelsea) will presumably go ahead as planned.

But not shown in pubs?

i read that as they wont show 3pm games on TV but ticket holders to those games will be given access to a live stream of the game

that's giving them the opportunity to test what is probably the future of football, subscription streaming services to every game so I doubt anyone other the fans (I am shocked) lose out

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Okonokos said:

Funny. This whole coronavirus thing reminded me of the fly episode when Jesse was worried they'd had an ebola outbreak in the lab 😂

That was probably the one boring episode of a brilliant tv series. A whole 50 mins about a bleedin' fly !!

3 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

That was probably the one boring episode of a brilliant tv series. A whole 50 mins about a bleedin' fly !!

It was a 'filler' - they filmed most of the series, had limited funds, and needed to record something with minimal effort.

A bit like sit com episodes when they look back to remember old episodes.

Funnily enough I once spoke with the 'embarrassing bodies' member of production team and they said they had all the weird stuff at the beginning of a series and boring stuff at the end as they simply run out of weird cases by the end.

Real Madrid next club with infected player, whole squad sent home and quarantined.

Edit: La Liga postponed for 2 weeks, to begin with.

Edited by sne

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Wonder if any of the teams which are close to being relegated will suddenly get an outbreak of Coronavirus in their squad :trollface:

McGinn has been been quarantined before it became a thing 

This is the one. Going to have to suspend games.

I'm going to guess at it being Arsenal because we know they've been in contact with someone with it. But if it’s anyone else then game suspensions will have to follow

Edited by HalfTimePost

10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Football games aren't shown anyway at 3pm?

They saying Sky won't show Super Sunday? The ramifications of that are monstrous. Sky/BT have paid billions for these games. People will all be cancelling if they can't watch football.

They're talking about Saturday games.

There was an idea that the ban on 3pm Saturday games would be lifted to encourage people to stay home.

I doubt it will affect the games Sky already planned on showing.

My guess would be most leagues will be suspended, then the Euros will be cancelled and leagues will complete their seasons in the Summer when this has (hopefully) calmed down

• Like 2

Â