Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Meanwhile over the next two seasons aren’t the league trying to make adjustments in order to fit in a winter World Cup in Qatar? 

There’s hardly time to fit in the missed fixtures and what happens if it extends into the next transfer window let alone expiring player contracts etc. It’d potentially be such a mess 

If the suspension is continued for another 4 weeks, Void the league (maybe work in the use of Var in the meantime) and transpose this seasons fixtures to 20/21 and start again. 

It’s the fairest thing to do. If you void the season it opens up a great can of worms. Stats for the season will have to be erased. There will be law suits left right and centre by clubs. Transfers windows are the least of the problems,  the Euro’s maybe an issue but it could always be played the year after.  Two games a week in June or sooner if the crisis is over will finish the season by July. No big deal shouldn’t be a problem 

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Another reason why I don’t believe they will void the season is tv money. Sky have paid for so many games.

I don't think Sky will pay unless there is product. Remember that they pay in arrears.

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

If the matches are to be starting back in three weeks, then the players need to be back in two weeks, or two and a half weeks presumably for prep and training. Is it not better to cancel football for three months say so that players are off and treat it as a holiday? Because presumably they are now still having to train and stay match fit incase coronavirus completely disappears in a fortnight.....

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

Another reason why I don’t believe they will void the season is tv money. Sky have paid for so many games.

They'll get their money back. Just as fans will get their money back for not being able to go to games.

Seen quite a few examples from the US where big stars like Zion Williamson, Kevin Love Sergej Bobrovskij and other have donated a lot of money so that the people who work for the clubs and in the stadiums are still going to get paid even thou the season is down and there are no games taking place.

Not sure how it works in the UK when it comes to the people who works for the clubs and if they are still getting paid but have we seen any examples yet of players donating money? 

Sure it will come and it's a nice act that doesn't effect the players much if anything but means the world to the people who depend of this income.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Elton said:

Unless he’s 80 why wouldn’t they carry on? He’ll be better in a couple of days.

You do realise healthy people could die too?! Yes, the majority of the deaths will be elderly people but I don’t think that Chinese doctor was a pensioner... 

The tweet from Kettering is shocking tbh. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

You do realise healthy people could die too?! Yes, the majority of the deaths will be elderly people but I don’t think that Chinese doctor was a pensioner... 

The tweet from Kettering is shocking tbh. 

Oh OK, every time someone young, fit and healthy gets a fever I’ll send my thoughts and prayers. 

Yeah, shocking tweet from his club wishing him well and saying he’s following medical advice and resting at home for 7 days, absolutely shocking..

Edited by Elton
  • Like 1

On 13/03/2020 at 20:00, turvontour said:

If the matches are to be starting back in three weeks, then the players need to be back in two weeks, or two and a half weeks presumably for prep and training. Is it not better to cancel football for three months say so that players are off and treat it as a holiday? Because presumably they are now still having to train and stay match fit incase coronavirus completely disappears in a fortnight.....

Yeah no way is Corona going away in a fortnight, it's just getting started.

Â