Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think he'll be a very good player, I just think we have time on our side and rather than playing a bit part here or there, he could use a season long loan playing 40 games in mens football. Might be wrong. 

Genuinely think (Caveat: I have been wrong in the past many times) that he is one of a very rare breed that might be good enough to play 10-15 games this season at age 17/18 and still be one of the better players. 

He's that good. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think he'll be a very good player, I just think we have time on our side and rather than playing a bit part here or there, he could use a season long loan playing 40 games in mens football. Might be wrong. 

You may be right. Probably preferable he gets solid minutes on loan than bit part. Looking forward to his progression

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Genuinely think (Caveat: I have been wrong in the past many times) that he is one of a very rare breed that might be good enough to play 10-15 games this season at age 17/18 and still be one of the better players. 

He's that good. 

Hopefully mate. Either way, he's an exciting one. 

• Like 1

I think with his contract situation, English players like Bellingham and another I mentioned in another thread (Madueke at PSV) doing well and playing first team games at 17, 18, 19 he’ll want to be playing in our first team. 

I get why people say get him out on loan but I see us using him here, something which I think has been promised to him (and JPB) I think he’ll do well too. 

If we sent him on loan and this is just my opinion, we might not get him to sign a longer contract when he turns 18. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It's a bit early in my opinion. He's only 18 in October, keep him here and teach him "our way" of playing, giving him minutes here and there, and then send him out on loan in maybe 12/18 months. Loans can be dodgy. I'd rather develop him here a bit longer than send him straight out and end up being managed by Neil Warnock or similar. I know we have a loans manager and so on but things can change fairly quickly with the turnover in managers in the lower leagues.

29 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

It's a bit early in my opinion. He's only 18 in October, keep him here and teach him "our way" of playing, giving him minutes here and there, and then send him out on loan in maybe 12/18 months. Loans can be dodgy. I'd rather develop him here a bit longer than send him straight out and end up being managed by Neil Warnock or similar. I know we have a loans manager and so on but things can change fairly quickly with the turnover in managers in the lower leagues.

You’re right about the minutes here and there but he won’t be needing a loan anywhere in 12 months, he’ll be a mainstay in our first team squad.

• Like 1

Camavinga is just under a year older than CC and has already played 82 senior games, including in the UCL.

If Carney is the generational talent we hope then he’s every chance of staking his claim this season - though where he’ll fit and at who’s expense, I don’t know..

11 minutes ago, Awol said:

If Carney is the generational talent we hope then he’s every chance of staking his claim this season - though where he’ll fit and at who’s expense, I don’t know..

What do we think he is, an 8, a 10, somewhere in-between?

I’d have him alongside someone that can  press and nick the ball, perhaps Sanson or McGinn. Samson’s stats are better pressing wise. 

In the youth side he plays with Raikhy and Lindley lying slightly deeper. I see Raikhy having more similarities to Sanson’s playing style so may be a good way to go

31 minutes ago, burchy said:

I’d have him alongside someone that can  press and nick the ball, perhaps Sanson or McGinn. Samson’s stats are better pressing wise. 

In the youth side he plays with Raikhy and Lindley lying slightly deeper. I see Raikhy having more similarities to Sanson’s playing style so may be a good way to go

Only really watched him for a full 90 in the later rounds of FA Youth cup (so others here better qualified to say than me) but I think he’ll be a 10, or an 8 focusing more on progressing the ball, linking play and joining attacks.

If we land ESR then CC is competing with  him, Sanson, McGinn and Jacob (though I expect him to go on loan this season). That’s a big ask but if he’s good enough then why not? 

Would like him or one of the others to go out to Sheffield Wednesday. Think Darren Moore is a great manager and showed faith in Jacob Ramsey at Doncaster. The position Wednesday are in, one of our young lads like Chuk going there and starring for the side to push them back to the championship would be a great, worthwhile season of progression for them in their career in my opinion. 

On 06/07/2021 at 11:46, burchy said:

On 06/07/2021 at 11:28, Awol said:

Camavinga is just under a year older than CC and has already played 82 senior games, including in the UCL.

We are building a squad.

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

We are building a squad.

Yes, thanks, I realise this. Try approaching the question a bit more literally: who would he play with in a midfield three? Which players would suit his game best and vice versa? 

13 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Smith is a wonderful father figure for the lads. Just look at the joy in his face. 

Apologies for double posting, but I just love this. Thank you for sharing.

People say DS can’t manage the big name players: but he’s got this rapport, this sense of respect and awe, from the next generation of stars…this is what he developed with Jack.

Imagine how Chuk feels there: the guy who he sees from afar in training, who gave him his big break against Spurs, and who utterly believes in him, supporting him 100%. This is what DS and his team are about: technical nous and man management. You’d run through walls for a mentor like that.

Superb. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Yes, thanks, I realise this. Try approaching the question a bit more literally: who would he play with in a midfield three? Which players would suit his game best and vice versa? 

Too many factors to consider, it would be circumstantial, IMO

for example, it could be game 10 and he has to come in for an injured/suspended player, he will be trained & briefed to take that role....I said Squad, not meaning to be smug, but he will fit in with many options and be briefed with instructions.

8 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I enjoy watching this guy play: I think this time next year, there will be considerable spotlight on him. 

Like many, cream rises to the top, thats what we are aiming for.....competition.

• Like 1

Carneyis the reason why i am not that bothered about Emile Smith Rowe coming because it would be a player in the way of Carney getting regular starts next season. He has such good balance and feet that he needs to be in an attacking position to exploit it. In fact he could easily play the left of a front 3 like Jack does as he has such great close control. 

• Like 1

Putting on 2.5kg is impressive over the summer. Should help his strength and not get pushed off the ball easily (even in youth cup final there was a bit where he was taking it easy and got outmuscled). 
Let’s hope he can kick on this season. 

Â