Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Could he come back on loan to us? And let Chelsea pay most of his wages.

I know it's a joke but he actually finds himself now in that position. Scratching around for loans and the gametime won't be at clubs like Villa who have money to spend and aspirations of building their own talent and squad value.

He'll be looking at West Broms.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Could he come back on loan to us? And let Chelsea pay most of his wages.

Gone are the days where we take other club's cast offs and improve them. We don't shop in the bargain bin anymore.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

What a bellend. 

Why is he?

Not been disrespectful to the club at all.

To be honest I don't blame players wanting to leave under Stevie G.

• Like 2

Based on playing ability I'd take him back no doubt, but only on a permanet deal, we wouldn't be loaning him in, if anything we would be the ones loaning him out initially if he returned.

The trouble is his pathway into our first team would probably be harder now than it was before he left, as Aaron Ramsey as highly rated as he was before this season I think has done even better than was imagined, similar for Iroegbunam too if counting Chukwuemeka as more of a central midfielder, and Kellyman looks to have massive potential.

• Like 1

Needs a permanent deal but who's going to take a chance with him and his wages , which I'm guessing are at least £50k a week? Doubt that would suit Brighton, maybe West Ham if Rice goes or Crystal Palace.

He could sit tight  or go out on loan and keep the Chelsea wages.

I think he should move to a club hes most likely to start for and take the hit on his wages for a season or 2. My guess, from his Chelsea move, is he will try a move to an established club and sit on bench again. I hope I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Why is he?

Not been disrespectful to the club at all.

To be honest I don't blame players wanting to leave under Stevie G.

If he signed a new contract here I'm almost certain he'd have been getting regular starts for us. History has shown many times that young players who jump ship to bigger clubs end up throwing their career away. Make yourself a starter at your current club, then start thinking about moving to a bigger club. 

Who didn't see this coming when Chelsea were signing player after player under the new owner? 

• Like 2

He should target a season long loan to one of the promoted teams like Burnley (who are a different animal post Dyche-ball) to get some proper minutes under his belt. 

he’s not going to break into the Chelsea squad at the moment so needs to go and find game time somewhere just as Gallagher did a few seasons ago.

personally I don’t think he’d entertain a return to Villa anytime soon 

6 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

If he signed a new contract here I'm almost certain he'd have been getting regular starts for us. History has shown many times that young players who jump ship to bigger clubs end up throwing their career away. Make yourself a starter at your current club, then start thinking about moving to a bigger club. 

Who didn't see this coming when Chelsea were signing player after player under the new owner? 

Gerrard was fighting for his job.

There is no way he would take a risk on a teenager.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Gerrard was fighting for his job.

There is no way he would take a risk on a teenager.

The contract situation was an ongoing issue which began before Gerrard even arrived IIRC. I'm almost certain this impacted the amount of game time that he was getting as we were paranoid he would leave for free if he burst onto the scene. 

9 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Chelsea aren't letting him join up with the England Under 20s until after the season finishes because they reckon they might need him lol

Well what do you expect them to do, find someone else to clean the boots?

47 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Chelsea aren't letting him join up with the England Under 20s until after the season finishes because they reckon they might need him lol

He's not even made the last 4 squads, can't understand that at all.

Caps off a horrendous season for him. 40-odd man squad Chelsea refusing to release a player that hasn't been able to get on their bench of late because they apparently need him for their meaningless remaining games.

• Like 1

I've seen absolutely nothing from the bloke that suggests he'd be worth a place in this squad, especially if we bolster midfield in the summer. Plus he's had a year of doing absolutely **** all. No idea why we'd want to entertain the idea. If he really does want to make a career for himself he needs to drop down to Championship level and prove he's a good player.

There are thousands of promising young players that end up either making a career at a lower level or just plummeting through the levels entirely. Haven't seen anything to suggest that's not the case here.

Edited by blunther

Â