Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

14 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

What? You gotta be kidding me. Championship player at best, poor attitude, ridiculous wages, crap haircut.

Will be different player under Unai. 

6 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Will be different player under Unai. 

No he won't, he isn't coming back.

I don't rate him one bit as a senior player. Just another overhyped youth product that had a good international kids tournament. One of many of the years at various clubs.

He will end up in the Championship (Leicester?) and can thank his lucky stars that some dumb, out of touch American billionaire has set him up for life out of sheer ignorance.

Wouldn't get even close to our team under Emery. And thank goodness for that.

Edited by GlobalVillan

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

I don't rate him one bit as a senior player. Just another overhyped youth product that had a good international kids tournament. One of many of the years at various clubs.

He will end up in the Championship (Leicester?) and can thank his lucky stars that some dumb, out of touch American billionaire has set him up for life out of sheer ignorance.

Clearly has a lot of natural ability but work rate and attitude are severely lacking the required levels for top flight football however given he wanted to leave us and we managed to mug Chelsea for £20 million I couldn’t care less if he plays another game

8 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

Clearly has a lot of natural ability but work rate and attitude are severely lacking the required levels for top flight football however given he wanted to leave us and we managed to mug Chelsea for £20 million I couldn’t care less if he plays another game

I'm genuinely not sure he has even got the natural ability. Not in the men's game. He was good at kids level, but you've only got to look at starting line ups from England under 21's teams from years gone by to realise that means bugger all.

Edited by GlobalVillan

4 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

You need a squad if competing in Europe not just an eleven.

Carney would be ideal for Conference.

2 hours ago, Pinebro said:

You need a squad if competing in Europe not just an eleven.

Carney would be ideal for Conference.

Well if we qualify the club will make sure we have a squad to compete.

And it won't be made up of 100k a week squad fillers who aren't good enough to play in the 1st team.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Well of course not, he's barely played.

The kid was absolute class in our youth setup - like, seriously, genuinely miles ahead of the other players.  Also shone in the England U-19 (I think?) setup in whichever tournament I watched them in.  Possibly player of the tournament or something?  Again, looked absolute class.

There's nothing overhyped about him at all IMO.  Just a bad move going to Chelsea when he did.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Well of course not, he's barely played.

The kid was absolute class in our youth setup - like, seriously, genuinely miles ahead of the other players.  Also shone in the England U-19 (I think?) setup in whichever tournament I watched them in.  Possibly player of the tournament or something?  Again, looked absolute class.

There's nothing overhyped about him at all IMO.  Just a bad move going to Chelsea when he did.

Like I said, history is littered with players who stop out at kids level and did bugger all in the men's game.

Never saw anything remotely good about him in his, admittedly short, stints in the Villa 1st team.

No way will he make it as a top player and we had Chelsea's pants down. And on 100k a week so has he. 

4 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Like I said, history is littered with players who stop out at kids level and did bugger all in the men's game.

Never saw anything remotely good about him in his, admittedly short, stints in the Villa 1st team.

No way will he make it as a top player and we had Chelsea's pants down. And on 100k a week so has he. 

The bit in bold is utterly bizarre.  He was an 18 year old kid (edit:  He was actually 17, too!) being given tiny amounts of minutes - what did you expect?  A few goals and assists?  From memory, he essentially didn't look out of place which is what it's all about.  After all, he's a kid.

Secondly, I just have no idea how you can claim this?  You've basically not watched him outside of sporadic minutes in our first team, how do you know what he's about as a player?  Why would Chelsea part with £20m to get him in his last year of a contract?

The chances of "making it" in the Premier League for youngsters is so, so, so incredibly slim that you're completely correct with your first sentence.  However, unless Chukwuemeka wastes his time entirely (I have no idea what he's doing at Chelsea now, does he play U21's or anything?) he's got every chance of being one of the few who do.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

The bit in bold is utterly bizarre.  He was an 18 year old kid being given tiny amounts of minutes - what did you expect?  A few goals and assists?  From memory, he essentially didn't look out of place which is what it's all about.  After all, he's a kid.

Secondly, I just have no idea how you can claim this?  You've basically not watched him outside of sporadic minutes in our first team, how do you know what he's about as a player?  Why would Chelsea part with £20m to get him in his last year of a contract?

The chances of "making it" in the Premier League for youngsters is so, so, so incredibly slim that you're completely correct with your first sentence.  However, unless Chukwuemeka wastes his time entirely (I have no idea what he's doing at Chelsea now, does he play U21's or anything?) he's got every chance of being one of the few who do.

Oh bless him. An 18 year old kid?

One 100 grand a week!!

I think he absolutely DID look out of place in the 1st team and the people who watch him every single day, don't give him game time. For a reason.

12 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Oh bless him. An 18 year old kid?

One 100 grand a week!!

I think he absolutely DID look out of place in the 1st team and the people who watch him every single day, don't give him game time. For a reason.

What a weird post.

Yes, an 18 year old (or, even, 17) making his first steps into professional football is exactly what he was.  Can't remember who posted (I could go back on here, but really can't be bothered) saying that he had more minutes at Aston Villa than any other 18 year old in the Premier League.  The people who watch him every single day thought he was worth it.  The scouts who watched him as much as they could rated him.  This is the reason he moved - apparently he's a Chelsea fan too.

Then, they got a new owner and spent upwards of £600m on players who would all push him down the pecking order in various guises.

I reckon he'll be a "proper" Premier League (or La Liga, Bundesliga) player in his career, in any case.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bobzy said:

What a weird post.

Yes, an 18 year old (or, even, 17) making his first steps into professional football is exactly what he was.  Can't remember who posted (I could go back on here, but really can't be bothered) saying that he had more minutes at Aston Villa than any other 18 year old in the Premier League.  The people who watch him every single day thought he was worth it.  The scouts who watched him as much as they could rated him.  This is the reason he moved - apparently he's a Chelsea fan too.

Then, they got a new owner and spent upwards of £600m on players who would all push him down the pecking order in various guises.

I reckon he'll be a "proper" Premier League (or La Liga, Bundesliga) player in his career, in any case.

So he simultaneously "hardly played" and so impossible to judge him, yet "had more minutes than any 18 year old in the Premier League"?

And as for him ending up in La Liga. 😀

6 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Out of interest, where did this come from? I've seen no such rumour

Can’t remember now, think it was Secret Scout or Wonderkids on Instagram, but don’t quote me on that

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

What a weird post.

said before "didnt look anything special" overlooks the fact that an 18 year old playing in the PL is special in itself

not a clue what people were expecting him to do, 18 years old putting in 6/10 performances, there are very very few of them around

england u20s world cup squad have 48 PL appearances between the 21 players, chuk has 25 of them...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

So he simultaneously "hardly played" and so impossible to judge him, yet "had more minutes than any 18 year old in the Premier League"?

And as for him ending up in La Liga. 😀

Exactly!  You can't judge an 18 year old in Premier League football because they barely ever play.  If they do, they're almost certain to be a huge talent (i.e: Evan Ferguson at the moment).

The fact that Chukwuemeka was good enough to be brought into the enviroment and given a few minutes here and there is a sign that people think he'll be good enough.  Judging him based on those brief glimpses is absurd.

I think Chuk will be a decent player, but he didn't want to be here and I wouldn't want him back now.

We tried heaven and earth to keep him initially, including signing his brother! That worked out well.

• Like 1

No way would I consider having him back. He's a talented young player but no second chances with us. We hsve a lot of very good midfield players already plus Aaron Ramsey did really well at boro so we don't need him anyway 

Â