Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

54 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Chelsea aren't letting him join up with the England Under 20s until after the season finishes because they reckon they might need him lol

John Bostock this kid.

He's going to be 22 released and no football. It's farcical he's not in this tournament.  **** it.

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Seriously...who is advising this kid???

Whoever it was probably made good money from the transfer and slice of his new contract. Terrible for the lads career long-term though it seems.

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Presumably someone who isn't clairvoyant and didn't foresee Emery rocking up at VP, and Chelsea having their worst season in 20 odd years :D

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but look at Archer for how the previous word removed treated our prospects

Maybe he'd have chased the money even if the decision was being made this season, who knows.

Just now, Davkaus said:

Presumably someone who isn't clairvoyant and didn't foresee Emery rocking up at VP, and Chelsea having their worst season in 20 odd years :D

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but look at Archer for how the previous word removed treated our prospects

Maybe he'd have chased the money even if the decision was being made this season, who knows.

I can grasp not wanting to play for Stevie G, I can understand signing that big long term 100k security contract, I wouldn't advise it personally , if you play the money will come...but at this point are they sabotaging his career? He's actively go out of his way to not play football.

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

but at this point are they sabotaging his career? He's actively go out of his way to not play football.

I might be misunderstanding you here, but it's out of his hands isn't it?

It's a shit decision by Chelsea, he's probably still not even going to play much in these two games, it's shit for the player, and shit for their investment, but it seems like you're criticising Chuk and his agent for something that at this point they can't really control

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I might be misunderstanding you here, but it's out of his hands isn't it?

It's a shit decision by Chelsea, he's probably still not even going to play much in these two games, it's shit for the player, and shit for their investment, but it seems like you're criticising Chuk and his agent for something that at this point they can't really control

Surely they can though? He's played half an hour of football all year and not featured for 2 months, there is two dead games left and he won't play I bet.

Surely he can go to management and state his desire to play games. It would actually show some modicum of character.

I think this kid just does what he's told and goes where he's told

Chelsea offered him a 6 year contract worth a guaranteed 30 million pounds. Chelsea at the time were thought of as being in the top 3/4. We were struggling with a work experience manager.

He's not a Villa fan, he might not "make it", that money will change him and his families futures for ever.  Whoever advised him was correct at the time to do so, not for Villa but for him.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Chelsea pulled him from the Under 20 tournament and they can’t pick a replacement as it’s not injury related. 

So he is still named in the squad and joins up after the group stage

Done the same with hall and City have done it with lewis

3 hours ago, villarule123 said:

If he signed a new contract here I'm almost certain he'd have been getting regular starts for us. History has shown many times that young players who jump ship to bigger clubs end up throwing their career away. Make yourself a starter at your current club, then start thinking about moving to a bigger club. 

Who didn't see this coming when Chelsea were signing player after player under the new owner? 

Didn't Archer sign a new deal and he barely got any minutes

1 hour ago, blunther said:

I've seen absolutely nothing from the bloke that suggests he'd be worth a place in this squad, especially if we bolster midfield in the summer. Plus he's had a year of doing absolutely **** all. No idea why we'd want to entertain the idea. If he really does want to make a career for himself he needs to drop down to Championship level and prove he's a good player.

There are thousands of promising young players that end up either making a career at a lower level or just plummeting through the levels entirely. Haven't seen anything to suggest that's not the case here.

There has got to be something special about him. He must have something.

You don't get hyped up like that without reason.

On the other hand could just be another Ravel Morrison

Edited by Pinebro

Chukwuemeka is much more highly rated than Archer is and that was even more so the case before this season began, even now if you offered most clubs the chance of signing either Archer or Chukwuemeka I bet most would take Chukwuemeka.

Also because of the position he plays there would have been more scope for Chukwuemeka to get game time, as in Emery system could have played one of the wide roles, or Buendia's role in the team, whereas the only way Archer gets in the team is if Watkins is injured, and at start of season was also behind Ings, basically Chukwuemeka would have had more routes into the team and competition for him would have been less difficult than the competition Archer has.

Chukwuemeka's career is hardly ruined like some seem to think, just needs a good loan next season and I'm sure he will be back on track, a lot of players his age, if not most have barely played any first team football at all, so with regards to the bigger picture it's not as if he's behind in his development, he had a season without playing much, but Lamare Bogarde had a year out injured, and we've still got big hopes for him, someone like Tommi O'Reilly same age as Chukwuemeka hasn't played any first team football at all and hasn't even played that much U21 football.

Wouldn't really make much sense for Chelsea to sell him, as have nothing to lose by sending him out on loan and seeing how he does, a decent season at Championship level or at a newly promoted club and will then be easily worth more than what Chelsea paid in the first place.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Didn't Archer sign a new deal and he barely got any minutes

A bit of a difference, Chuk was/is one of the highest rated players of his age group in the country, if not Europe who had starred in our Youth Cup win, plus he had multiple positions he could have had minutes in, whereas Archer is fighting for minutes in one position. 

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

The church or as Carney puts it “Jesus will guide me”

Edited by gwi1890

2 hours ago, villarule123 said:

A bit of a difference, Chuk was/is one of the highest rated players of his age group in the country, if not Europe who had starred in our Youth Cup win, plus he had multiple positions he could have had minutes in, whereas Archer is fighting for minutes in one position. 

I doubt that, he has a long way to go. If he was that good he would have had many more minutes, regardless of his age. I saw nothing special when he played for us and he is way off Bellinghams quality who coincidently also 19.

• Like 2

Â