Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

6 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

We were definitely in for Wilson.. listen to the interview..

I love that he talks about wearing the "Iconic Number 9" at Newcastle, while wearing #27.

Did he mean 9 x 3?

Does that mean he thinks he scored 24 goals last season?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

By spending massive massive money on them, which you then go on to...

Yes thats right, say you don't want to do....

I don't want us to spend big money on Josh King who is a bang average footballer. I'd be happy to spend £13m on a young German international, or £27m on Spain's number 9. Not sure how there's any contradiction there

8 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Not relegated strikers who don't score, would cost a fortune, and have no re-sell value. I'd take Buendia/Brooks/Cantwell for the right price

Fair. FYI King has scored roughly 1 in 3 for Bournemouth in 5 seasons in the top flight. Compared to Davis who has scored 2 league goals in his whole career (both in the Champ) and Samatta who has scored 1 league goal in 14 for us. Of course I'd rather we end up with better than King who didn't have a great season last season and is 28 years old, but it's been such a crappy window I'm actually worried we will end up with no one and then panic buy on 5 October. 

I just want the club to get cracking, this just all seems so God damn amateur. 

Edited by VillaFaninLondon

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The crisis occurs if Jack gets injured.

Our whole season revolves around one player and it's frightening.

That’s why I think getting Brooks would be important. We don’t have to play wingers if we get him. A diamond would be good by then. 
Although its great to have players that fits a lot of tactics. 

17 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

The problem is, we don't seem to be able to attract that level of player, at least with the current manager in charge. I don't know what names you have in mind but it's been reported (note, I use the word 'reported') that players like Rashica and Wilson didn't want to come here. Of course we want to buy top players but unfortunately unless Villa gets bought by a Saudi prince I don't see that happening and players like King are probably the best we're going to get, certainly at this point in time.

I just want some players in before gameweek 1, if we go into the season with Davis and Samatta as our strikers it really will be curtains for us. I know the window closes on 5 October but we have got 2 winnable opening games, if we end up with say 1 point from those 2 games or heaven forbid 0 points we really will be in the brown stuff.

Its not to do with Smith. Its not to do with the owners. Its the FFP rules, we can't spend spent carte blanche on players and salaries unlike what Man City did over a decade ago. They then decided to change the rules to make the top 6 a self serving cartel. Bah modern football.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

I don't want us to spend big money on Josh King who is a bang average footballer. I'd be happy to spend £13m on a young German international, or £27m on Spain's number 9. Not sure how there's any contradiction there

Who mentioned big money for him. Firstly it was the daily Star, secondly no reported figures have even been magicked up. 

Sure, Rodrigo is a statement signing, but Villa are not in the business of paying £30m and 100k a week for someone who is 30 years old in 5 months. Our business model under this ownership is clear. 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Or

As a professional football player himself, knows not to have meltdowns about paper talk, and has experienced a few transfer windows himself.

Also probably knows more about the ambitions of the club and what is going on that triggered Villa talk members.

nail on the head

its the same as last summer and January, we haven't got a clue whats going on so lets assume its either nothing or whatever bullshit the papers cook up this morning

7 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

the 2 are not exclusive...

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Its not to do with Smith. Its not to do with the owners. Its the FFP rules, we can't spend spent carte blanche on players and salaries unlike what Man City did over a decade ago. They then decided to change the rules to make the top 6 a self serving cartel. Bah modern football.

I agree to an extent that FFP is having an impact. But you could argue that is the case for many clubs. Of course Cit£h and Ch£ls£a do what they like.

We've also shot ourselves in the foot by paying big salaries in the Championship to players who don't deserve it. 

12 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Who mentioned big money for him. Firstly it was the daily Star, secondly no reported figures have even been magicked up. 

Sure, Rodrigo is a statement signing, but Villa are not in the business of paying £30m and 100k a week for someone who is 30 years old in 5 months. Our business model under this ownership is clear. 

It was in the Express and Star, not the Daily Star. Bournemouth rejected a £20m bid for him in January so it's safe to assume he wouldn't be cheap. King is less than a year younger than Rodrigo, and absolutely nowhere near as good. Not sure what you can't understand about my point of view, but I'm gonna move on now

17 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I'm the not the one making things up about what the club is/is not doing 🤷‍♂️

What on earth are you talking about.....making what up, exactly?

we haven't signed players yet to fix last seasons issues.....what is there to make up?

I think they should have done by now......they may do, if they do, i think they are leaving it late.

I have no idea why we are leaving it so late, to sign players we should know, who will help us avoid a repeat of last season.

procrastination does not necessarily equal prudency.....it breeds doubt and uncertainty.

I could understand it more if we had signed one or two top targets and are showing patience on another 2 or 3 , but that is not the case.

If you cast you mind back to MON he always left it late and by and large signed rubbish.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I agree to an extent that FFP is having an impact. But you could argue that is the case for many clubs. Of course Cit£h and Ch£ls£a do what they like.

We've also shot ourselves in the foot by paying big salaries in the Championship to players who don't deserve it. 

Dr Tony was an appalling owner who nearly took us to administration. Thankfully this lot are a lot better.