Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

10 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Brooks?

Btw Callum Wilson in the 5 seasons Bournemouth were in the PL scored 40 league goals as a center forward. 

King? 48...majority from the wing. 

Didn’t want Wilson either. Would be ok with Brewster and a winger. 

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Is the rumour Brewster on loan? Can't see Liverpool selling him.

Apparently Brewster is a purchase, but again, its taken with a huge pinch of salt but its been reported by a couple of twitter reporters.

I'm with you, I cannot see him being sold, he was on the bench for the CL semi final last year they must rate the daylights out of him. 

Edited by Steero113

I don't care what is said. Going into the last two weeks of preseason without a new winger and striker for a team that survived by the skin of its teeth and couldn't score in a brothel, that's unacceptable. Amateur'esque. 

Questions needs to be asked a lot of places. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 2

Just now, DCJonah said:

To withdraw a bid for Wilson and now in for Brewster screams of utter desperation

No it really doesn't. We found out about the deal that Wilson was offered, decided that it wasn't for us and if the reports

are true spoken to Liverpool about a very exciting prospect. I really can't see the problem there!!

13 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

My premise for being a manager with a reputation for attracting top class players is either winning things or getting clubs to to punch above their weight. As Bielsa has done neither I can't understand the idea that he would be a big draw for top class players. As ever it will be the cash the club are willing to throw at the player IMHO.

The draw is that he’s a renowned coach who improves players whilst playing top stuff. Anyone would be attracted to that knowing that he could be made into a top player & go further in his career. 

also whilst it may be classed as not successful it’s not as though he’s managed the top club in all counties he’s been at. 

Surely Chelsea will be wanting to offload some fringe players after splashing the cash?

Whether on loan (with view or option to buy) or outright signings, to either enhance or increase the size of the squad, maybe we could pursue a few of the following?

I’m sure some players will consider at least a short term move to put themselves in contention for the Euros too...

Tomori

Ampadu

Emerson

Bakayoko 

Loftus-Cheek

Barkley

Kenedy (decent shout for the wings?)

Batshuayi/Giroud

51 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Without a shadow of a doubt.

You simply cannot underestimate it.

I wouldn't be happy with any of the signings Leeds have made, or to a lesser extent Newcastle. We have set our position out for signing new players and we need to stick with this approach. 

We have our targets and the press appear to know nothing about who they are and that's the right way to go about it. Any leaks, from either side of any deals, actually risk the whole transfer. Good luck to Wilson, Bruce and Newcastle and I hope Brentford get what they want for Oli. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Pretty much. The failure of getting in a quality striker and winger in time for preseason means we are relegation candidates for me. No chance we're getting any where close to 50 points. 

We are relegation candidates regardless who we sign. As it stands we are third favourites.

Just now, pintpotvilla said:

No it really doesn't. We found out about the deal that Wilson was offered, decided that it wasn't for us and if the reports

are true spoken to Liverpool about a very exciting prospect. I really can't see the problem there!!

The season starts in 5 days and we seem to be jumping from player to player. 

Reports of late bid for the West brom winger doesn't help either. 

Its a position we know we needed to strengthen since last October. To still be like this doesn't fill me with faith our recruitment team are doing a great job. 

Obviously I can't report on what is truly happening, but from all available news it looks desperate from us. 

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I don't care what is said. Going into the last two weeks of preseason without a new winger and striker for a team that survived by the skin of its teeth and couldn't score in a brothel, that's unacceptable. Amateur'esque. 

Questions needs to be asked a lot of places. 

Absolutely. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

To withdraw a bid for Wilson and now in for Brewster screams of utter desperation

Or we were fairly certain he was going NUFC anyway but wanted to squeeze Brentford over the price for Watkins, either way it’s at best a lucky escape by not overspending on Wilson but it doesn’t paint the picture of a club in any sort of control for sure..

I will wait further down the window before I start losing patience but it would give a lot more reassurance to us fans if we could see a clear strategy going on, at present we mainly have dubious journalist guesses or so called ITK to go on..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigRed said:

The draw is that he’s a renowned coach who improves players whilst playing top stuff. Anyone would be attracted to that knowing that he could be made into a top player & go further in his career. 

also whilst it may be classed as not successful it’s not as though he’s managed the top club in all counties he’s been at. 

Have you been following all 900 agonising pages, or just intermittently search Bielsa's name on here so you can leap to his defence?

• Haha 1

I know everyone said be patient and it does not matter what order they come in, but I am still surprised that our first signing was for a right back when we have two okayish ones on the books already.

Adding to our forward line is absolutely  critical or we will be one of the favourites to go down again.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Going into the last two weeks of preseason without a new winger and striker for a team that survived by the skin of its teeth and couldn't score in a brothel

We actually scored plenty of goals over the course of last season - more than Sheff United for example. Conceding was the issue. But I agree with you I’ll be a lot happier with a new fit striker in! Because not many of those goals came from up top.