Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

I’d quite like Watkins and Wilson provided the fee is ok. 

They both come in and push each other. Watkins will probably be no.1 but he’ll be well aware he has an experienced international waiting to take his place if he doesn’t perform. 

If you can get Wilson for 5-10m on decent wages as a second choice striker, it’s a no brainer. 

It will be interesting to see who we have actually brought in when the transfer window is gently closed.

I'm hoping that the reason why it has taken time to sign anyone is as much a result of the ambition that we are showing with our signings as it is the complexity of the deals themselves.

Still hopeful on the below...

GK, RB, LB, LW, ST (ideally 2).

I would love for us to sign another midfielder as well, but can't see it happening if we brought in a LW as Grealish would drop in to CM. 

• Confused 1

I think Wilson is a good player, it's just the money involved with his age and injury record doesn't stack up to me, especially considering the transfer strategy we have set out.

I'd not turn my nose up to him, but you'd have to question if the strategy is being altered should we sign him and if so why? 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:
Newcastle & Villa both in talks with Bournemouth over striker Callum Wilson. Newcastle trying to structure a deal that would include winger Matt Ritchie going in the other direction. Aston Villa also trying to buy Wilson, but their deal would not involve a player-swap #NUFC

Please no! Let Newcastle have him.....overrated and overpaid

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

They both come in and push each other. Watkins will probably be no.1 but he’ll be well aware he has an experienced international waiting to take his place if he doesn’t perform. 

If you can get Wilson for 5-10m on decent wages as a second choice striker, it’s a no brainer. 

So the second striker would be on 110k per week which is his wage at Bmouth, I would assume he wouldn’t come for less.

22 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I think Wilson is a good player, it's just the money involved with his age and injury record doesn't stack up to me, especially considering the transfer strategy we have set out.

I'd not turn my nose up to him, but you'd have to question if the strategy is being altered should we sign him and if so why? 

Absolutely, it would fly directly in the face of the stated transfer policy. 

It's just lazy press spouting their usual rubbish. 

33 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:
Newcastle & Villa both in talks with Bournemouth over striker Callum Wilson. Newcastle trying to structure a deal that would include winger Matt Ritchie going in the other direction. Aston Villa also trying to buy Wilson, but their deal would not involve a player-swap #NUFC

Anyone checked out the latest odds of Wilson joining Villa on Sky Bet? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Why, it would get rid of a player we don't want for a better player who can score in the Premier League.

Wilson would be probably on double the salary of Hogaand we would have to throw money down as well for a guy who has 1 double figure Premier League season 

31 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I feel like I have reasonable knowledge of Wilson being pretty competitive FPL manager for several seasons and he's a junk signing. Maybe decent 3-4 seasons ago not anymore

39 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

I would take Ritchie if he was available. One of the rare creative players at Newcastle last season 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I would be seriously underwhelmed if we signed wilson.

Not sure why is he is better than all our strikers. He is still 28 as well. Be a very good signing. Having him wes and watkins as striking ootions is certainly better than davis samatta and wes

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Agreed, although fitness would be a concern.

Yeah there is that. But in terms of how good the player is he'd be a huge improvement on what we have and is the best striker we've been linked with (I caveat that with I haven't seen an awful lot of Watkins so admit he MAY have the potential to be better)