Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah there is that. But in terms of how good the player is he'd be a huge improvement on what we have and is the best striker we've been linked with (I caveat that with I haven't seen an awful lot of Watkins so admit he MAY have the potential to be better)

His record suggests otherwise and added to that his fitness I would have to disagree

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I would take Ritchie if he was available. One of the rare creative players at Newcastle last season 

I like him too, but he's 31 this month. I was hoping that we would spend enough to get a quality young winger in like Dwight McNeil, but if not, we could do a lot worse.

12 minutes ago, John said:

I like him too, but he's 31 this month. I was hoping that we would spend enough to get a quality young winger in like Dwight McNeil, but if not, we could do a lot worse.

It’s easy to attract first choice Prem players. The only way to get PL experience is by getting unwanted players at top teams, or find some in the relegated teams. So most likely you won’t get the best. As for the reaction of Wilson, most people actually prefer Watkins rather than him. So getting the best Championship players is most likely better than getting the available PL players.

3 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

It’s easy to attract first choice Prem players. The only way to get PL experience is by getting unwanted players at top teams, or find some in the relegated teams. So most likely you won’t get the best. As for the reaction of Wilson, most people actually prefer Watkins rather than him. So getting the best Championship players is most likely better than getting the available PL players.

Getting them on the way up is definitely better than on the way down, career wise. I’ve got no problem with taking the cream of the crop from the championship, spiced up with a few quality signings from overseas.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think Leeds will have an advantage over us when signing players from Europe or South America. Bielsa is very highly rated.  Apparently he is selling his vision to new signing.

He wears glasses, so might not be what they all want.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

WELCOME TO TEDIOUS TUESDAY 

Yet we will be told how difficult it is to get deals over he line, how the modern player will have a whole host of demands that need to be met, how many legal and financial details are there to iron out. All of which are true - but if anyone thinks it is acceptable to go a month without even being close to agreeing even a fee for a player is wrong.

34 points was it last season?

Borja. Drinkwater. Sama in January.

This summer we needed to business and fast whether we overpaid or not.

It is farcical absolutely farcical.

Edit : it was 35 and we are looking at going into the season with the same 11.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yet we will be told how difficult it is to get deals over he line, how the modern player will have a whole host of demands that need to be met, how many legal and financial details are there to iron out. All of which are true - but if anyone thinks it is acceptable to go a month without even being close to agreeing even a fee for a player is wrong.

How do you know we aren't close to even agreeing a fee for anyone?

Signing Callum Wilson wouldn't make jump for joy, but it would tick a couple of boxes for us. We are after a proven PL striker, Wilson got called up to the England squad not long ago and if I remember correctly he was linked to Man U. Regarded as one of the better English strikers only a couple of years ago. At 28 he isn't past it yet. However I guess he is on higher wages than I think would be sound for us to fork out on him and the prices quoted seems far too high. There are also a bit too much uncertainty with his injuries or loss of form lately.

Wouldn't be a bad signing imo if we could get him on the cheap, but not a signing that takes us to the next level either.

Edited by Keener window-cleaner

30 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I said the same about Danny Ings when he went to Southampton. 

that is a very fair point. i'm really not blown away by the prospect of wilson, but if he can rediscover some prior form then he'd be good

36 minutes ago, sne said:

Dani Ceballos returning to Arsenal on loan so while not too similar players it likely decreases their interest in Said Benrahma a bit.

He really shouldn't consider moving to Arsenal, where he will be mostly getting splinters sitting on a bench. Sadly, I guess money, the size of the club, the odd recent trophy or two and their location, means that he without doubt would.