Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Dear God

15+ pages of nothing much in 20 hours......ridiculous.

Think I'll give this thread a miss..... having to read 300 posts every morning is stressful. Do they run a night shift on this thread?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, omariqy said:

What's that based on exactly? You've just got yourself in a huff on an assumption you've made up in your head. When it actually happens then get in a huff. Why would you get yourself worked up on something that hasn't happened yet? I don't get it.

Its like I said on another thread, my Mrs has 'heard' that her cousin 'may' be wearing the same dress at a wedding at the end of October ,this is all I have heard over the weekend and I have made exactly the same point as above 'do not get yourself worked up over something that has not happened as yet' Sadly much to no avail this has been ignored and it has descended to the depths of 'she has not got the figure for it anyway' today etc etc etc 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

We all seem to have opinions on strikers, wide players and full back etc that we want.

The other critical position we need is a new quality MC, although not much talk about it.

Which quality MCs do people think we should be going for? (realistic targets)

The closest we can get to Patrick Viera, no idea who that be though

• Like 1

I can't believe the amount of people turning their noses up at Callum Wilson, his goals to minutes ratio in the premier league is very good, might not have been as good last season but it still wasn't bad, if he'd have been as good last season as usual we wouldn't have a chance of signing him, was only last year that he was being linked with a £60m move to Chelsea. Would be the most proven striker we've signed in a long time, and just as likely to guarantee us goals as anyone else we've been linked to this summer.

I'd prefer Odsonne Édouard and Watkins, but Callum Wilson and Watkins would improve our strike force considerably.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

We all seem to have opinions on strikers, wide players and full back etc that we want.

The other critical position we need is a new quality MC, although not much talk about it.

Which quality MCs do people think we should be going for? (realistic targets)

If Liverpool get Thiago, then I think they would have a surplus in their midfield. Someone like Oxlaide Chamberlain would be ideal. Pace, energetic, box to box, can dribble out with the ball and can pass. 
My knowledge of world football is poor, but I suppose their are cheaper alternatives, but for me that’s the type of Cm we desperately need, which would also compliment Luiz and McGinn well.

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

he'd be good enough for me, but getable?

Valencia are absolutely willing to sell for a discount even but no idea if he'd be interested to come here thou.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, useless said:

I can't believe the amount of people turning their noses up at Callum Wilson, his goals to minutes ratio in the premier league is very good, might not have been as good last season but it still wasn't bad, if he'd have been as good last season as usual we wouldn't have a chance of signing him, was only last year that he was being linked with a £60m move to Chelsea. Would be the most proven striker we've signed in a long time, and just as likely to guarantee us goals as anyone else we've been linked to this summer.

I'd prefer Odsonne Édouard and Watkins, but Callum Wilson and Watkins would improve our strike force considerably.

Wilson for £12m maybe , but no way is he worth anywhere near the reported £30m Bournemouth seem to want 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

What's that based on exactly? You've just got yourself in a huff on an assumption you've made up in your head. When it actually happens then get in a huff. Why would you get yourself worked up on something that hasn't happened yet? I don't get it.

Im quite calm actually. Ive made a passing comment about my opinion which i think will happen, based on evidence of zero activity for weeks and weeks. Also based on how we got a whole new recruitment team at the start of the window, so they were already behind. 

The irony is, you've thrown your toys out of the pram, because of an assumption i have that hasnt happened yet. Why would you get yourself worked up about my opinion which hasnt even happened yet? I dont get it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Left back Phillip Max going to PSV from Augsburg for around £7m.

And striker/right winger (anyone know a club who needs those positions) Kevin Volland going to Monaco for £15m.

Loads and loads and loads of value out there. Both of those would have been excellent additions for that price.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Im quite calm actually. Ive made a passing comment about my opinion which i think will happen, based on evidence of zero activity for weeks and weeks. Also based on how we got a whole new recruitment team at the start of the window, so they were already behind. 

The irony is, you've thrown your toys out of the pram, because of an assumption i have that hasnt happened yet. Why would you get yourself worked up about my opinion which hasnt even happened yet? I dont get it.

Ok. 

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Left back Phillip Max going to PSV from Augsburg for around £7m.

And striker/right winger (anyone know a club who needs those positions) Kevin Volland going to Monaco for £15m.

Loads and loads and loads of value out there. Both of those would have been excellent additions for that price.

Its seems our "team" of scouts got lost in the lower divisions