Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Its seems our "team" of scouts got lost in the lower divisions

No problem where players come from. Plenty good enough in the lower leagues.

Would rather not pay a fortune for them though.

39 minutes ago, useless said:

I can't believe the amount of people turning their noses up at Callum Wilson, his goals to minutes ratio in the premier league is very good, might not have been as good last season but it still wasn't bad, if he'd have been as good last season as usual we wouldn't have a chance of signing him, was only last year that he was being linked with a £60m move to Chelsea. Would be the most proven striker we've signed in a long time, and just as likely to guarantee us goals as anyone else we've been linked to this summer.

I'd prefer Odsonne Édouard and Watkins, but Callum Wilson and Watkins would improve our strike force considerably.

It's his injury record that worries me. He seems to be out a lot and that will probably only get worse with age. Couple this with the high initial outlay plus very high wages and I feel it's a risk that we should not be taking.

Edited by picicata
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Its seems our "team" of scouts got lost in the lower divisions

They got lost in Brentford it seems. One of them accidentally set the sat nav to Bremen for 5 minutes, which caused a bit of kerfuffle, but otherwise they get a nosebleed too far from Brentford.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

We all seem to have opinions on strikers, wide players and full back etc that we want.

The other critical position we need is a new quality MC, although not much talk about it.

Which quality MCs do people think we should be going for? (realistic targets)

Valentin Rongier for me.  Good tackler, passer and creator.

14 minutes ago, sne said:

Bree signed for Luton on a permanent deal.

Listen I can only assume this means Cash is definitely signing.

Given the size of our squad, if we start selling without a guaranteed replacement coming, then I'll start to worry.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

A good Callum Wilson is better then what we have but the issue is which CW would we get, same as Tekkers, I'd love him him back if he was on it but its just such a gamble and that's how I see CW. Tammy is the one we should move mountains for.

Eduoard

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

We all seem to have opinions on strikers, wide players and full back etc that we want.

The other critical position we need is a new quality MC, although not much talk about it.

Which quality MCs do people think we should be going for? (realistic targets)

Loftus-Cheek

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

If you're worried about us selling Bree then I can't imagine what sort of trivialities keep you up at night. 

'The bush hasn't grown for a good couple of days now'

'Did I make the right choice when I bought that spatula?'

You're hilarious.

Bree put in key shifts for Luton in the run-in last season, and cover is cover.

But next you'll tell me you've been analysing extensive drone footage from Bodymoor Heath and our young lad Jake Walker is the real deal.

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

You're hilarious.

But next you'll tell me you've been analysing extensive drone footage from Bodymoor Heath and our young lad Jake Walker is the real deal.

And? He has been here years and never looked likely to make the grade. We’ve two RB’s ahead of him and we are linked with bringing in Cash. Frankly, who cares how he did at Luton he isn’t going to play for us even if Cash doesn’t sign.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

TR47aFU.png

Reminder of what we're missing.

Nine spots in there. We aren't signing nine.

I still think we need four starting players signed if we want to be above 16th.

Grealish will be LW methinks. So Nakamba in or new face there 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Awol said:

Please correct me if I've got this wrong, but hasn't Tammy made it clear he's not interested in coming back here in this window? Don't understand why people are still saying we should be trying for him? 

Correct he wants to stay at  Chelsea this season and secure that first team place or fail.

He knows that is the smart move for him and that all the opportunities he has this season will still be there next season.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Chindie said:

They got lost in Brentford it seems. One of them accidentally set the sat nav to Bremen for 5 minutes, which caused a bit of kerfuffle, but otherwise they get a nosebleed too far from Brentford.

last season we signed players from blues, Brentford, Brugge, Burnley, Bournemouth and Barcelona

I think we might be onto something here 

8 minutes ago, est1874 said:

You're hilarious.

Modernising that saying a bit. You need 3 players for every position.

• Like 1