Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

I don't wanna be to harsh on the club because the current transfer climate is different than what it normally is. And we've kept our biggest players (so far anyway). But it's kinda nuts that it looks we're starting the next season with no changes as to how we finished the last one. I can't quite understand it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I don't wanna be to harsh on the club because the current transfer climate is different than what it normally is. And we've kept our biggest players (so far anyway). But it's kinda nuts that it looks we're starting the next season with no changes as to how we finished the last one. I can't quite understand it. 

There is 19 days until our first match. I don’t think we quite need to panic just yet 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

We have made changes. We sent Reina home.

9 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

6 minutes ago, KH** said:

There is 19 days until our first match. I don’t think we quite need to panic just yet 

And 35 days until the window closes...

There's still time but ideally we would like to see some activity sooner rather than later.

Fwiw, I do think we will see something transpire this week.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think our league position last season is not helping either. Players maybe reluctant to join until they see who else comes in 

If we sign Wilson, I don't think he's an "alternative" to Watkins by any means. I think we're trying to correct the mistakes of last summer when we only signed 1 striker.

For one reason or another it does look at if Brentford have held up the Watkins deal. Whether to get Toney in first before discussing particulars, or whether they're holding out for more money, or perhaps both - hard to know.

Either way I would take our interest in Wilson as a sign that we are not putting all our eggs in one basket this time around.

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If we do end up signing Wilson I'd honestly view him as backup for Wesley. Which isn't really the type of striker I was hoping we would sign but maybe my expectations are warped. 

If we sign Wilson I will put my foot through my monitor and send Johan Lange the bill 

23 minutes ago, KH** said:

I said a few hundred pages ago that I'd only start getting concerned (or at least voicing my concern) when we're without a signing two weeks before the season starts.

Would be disappointed and surprised if we don't sign anyone this week. Can't comment on likelihood given the way some of our signings came out of nowhere last season.

Not sure if we'll be targeting current internationals but the country football this week and next would presumably hinder any such signings.

Let's see how this week goes...

I've said it a few times already i'm worried about players arriving later and integrating with the team and I was hopeful of Villa getting their business done earlier to give us a better chance.

I realise many things are at play and we are maybe waiting until more appealing clubs than ours do their business first. But it is still frustrating and I'm worried.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I think its wilson over that celtic striker

Think we will get eatkins but use him more on the left

That would be the worst of 2 worlds. Spend a lot of money to bring in a mediocre striker and then spend even more than that to bring in and move a player back to a position he is less effective in while also moving our best player away from the position he is most effective in.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, KH** said:

So if signing anyone from a quarantine country that will be 5 days then to meet the team, train and go through practice matches ? Not very long is it ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Cash announced tomorrow, Benrahma announced the day after possibly.

#ITK

FWIW, Down this end it looks like Arsenal are in the driving seat at the moment, they seem to have money to spend, But what do I know !!!!

5 minutes ago, sne said:

That would be the worst of 2 worlds. Spend a lot of money to bring in a mediocre striker and then spend even more than that to bring in and move a player back to a position he is less effective in while also moving our best player away from the position he is most effective in.

I dont agree. Wilson scores goals and ia proven at pl level. Watkins isnt but is probably better than trez aeg and jota. 

Also can float woth the idwa of two up top now more easily than before