Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, beachboys1 said:

i want to apologise if what i say seems stupid but just like any villa fan i care i'm not a troll

I’m with you there buddy.

And I’d add ‘just because you don’t like what I say’.....

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Feasible mate - feasible. Who could we reasonably expect to land , that we have been linked to ?, At a price we could afford.

Not sure where you got whole of world from - I didn't say anything remotely close to that.

I know... but at least half of all strikers in the world would be feasible. I would cast your net a bit wider than the lazy links in the press tbh. 

I said the whole world because you stated that  there was only one striker that could better Watkins, implying that no one else was available in the entire transfer market. It was a bit tongue in cheek as I know you were only referring to press linked players 😉

41 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I rate Eze as well, and a friend who is a QPR fan and whose opinion I trust is mad about him. While I'd like us to have him, I'm not sure how he would fit in and can't see him going straight in the team. I'd be hesitant to pay up to £20M or a fifth of our reported budget on a player that perhaps isn't a starter. He seems to mostly play to the left in a front three, I'd rather have Benrahma or Buendia there, if not Jack. I think Eze would be best as a secons forward or having a free attacking midfield role, but we usually don't play that way and if we do Jack is better in that position.

Do you think Eze would go straight into the team, and in what position?

He can play all a ten, a wide forward on the left and has been known to play in the midfield but not that often.

realistically in the middle or left of the three of a 4-2-3-1

3 minutes ago, rayk said:

Well, someone earlier was asking for a Robhino signing lol

Can’t believe he’s also bringing Suarez with him as well.

Grealish - Suarez - Messi

Front line.....take that Southgate!

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

The “have patience” line was fine a couple of weeks ago but is starting to wear thin now. We need a minimum of 4 signings, we should have at least sorted one if not two by now. 

They are multiplying.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Agree with pretty much all of that but Carew was known throughout europe for what he'd done at Valencia and had played in many euro countries. Was out of favour for some reason at Lyon but he was still only about 27 when we got him.

In terms of worldwide reputation he was more known than likes of Bent and Milner.

Carew was well known throughout Europe.....even I had heard of him.....very good player.

• Like 3