Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

22 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I just think that the level of player that we’ll be going for will be players who cost upwards of £20m but still aren’t completely proven at the level that we want to be at, despite being ‘better’ signings than what we got last year. Therefore I don’t think it’ll hurt to have rotation in there.

As an example, Rashica or someone like Dwight McNeil (Burnley) would both cost £30m+ each (probably £35-40m for McNeil), but you still wouldn’t be getting players that guarantee you 7/10 performances every week, so having rotation options that also allow Grealish to move centrally to alter our shape seems like a good idea to me.

Its feasible, sure.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Leeds crack me up. They’ve been humbled by Brighton over this Ben White deal. I truly believe they came up thinking, ‘this will be easy, everyone wants to play for Leeds’. 

By all accounts they’ve got a transfer budget in the region of 50m and I read somewhere they have to pay a team a shed load of money for Augustin on the basis they got promoted. 

They probably need 5/6 players and the reality of how much players cost at this level is finally hitting home. They’ll need to be extremely shrewd with the players they sign if they want to stay up next season. 

As things stand, they have 2/3 good players and a decent team spirit. Without home fans, it will be tough for them. 

The Leeds hyperbole is very confusing. Having better title odds with some betting companies than much better teams than them like Wolves and Leicester is plain lunacy (though, we all know Leeds fans have placed stupid bets on themselves).

They are deservedly considered a big club given their great support and fantastic team that dominated in the 70s, but so are we and as we found out being a traditional big club isn’t enough to do well in this league. And with crowds still barred Leeds won’t get that extra lift from their passionate supporters.  

The Premier League is better for having teams like Leeds in it but unless they make some major signings they’ll almost certainly struggle for me. And I don’t think they’ve got the financial power to do that.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

If West Ham can get Tevez and Mascherano I'm pretty sure we can get Watkins and Benrahma

At the same time, we don’t want to get above our station, there will be lots of competition for Watkins and Benrahma. Hopefully, the Smith factor will sway them both

Goal.com article (from Neil Jones so a bit more respectable than usual from that site for Liverpool according to them) states we, amongst a number of other clubs, have discussed a potential deal with Liverpool for Marko Grujic.

However the same article states that we are more likely to go after Phillip Billing in the same position.

3 minutes ago, Wes said:

Goal.com article (from Neil Jones so a bit more respectable than usual from that site for Liverpool according to them) states we, amongst a number of other clubs, have discussed a potential deal with Liverpool for Marko Grujic.

However the same article states that we are more likely to go after Phillip Billing in the same position.

Not sure why people get caught up with these so called ITKs..guess it’s just something to fill people’s time and optimism but none of them have any sense of inside knowledge.

Throw enough s*** at the wall and hope it sticks comes to mind.

23 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

If West Ham can get Tevez and Mascherano I'm pretty sure we can get Watkins and Benrahma

Maybe if we ask nicely Kia Joorabchian can force Sergio Regulion or Coutinho to move here :D 

7 hours ago, mallett said:

Lots of people on here seem very keen on Weston McKennie. I have never seen him play but his whoscored stats mean his concentration is rated at “very weak” which means that he makes a lot of errors.

From the brief highlights on YouTube he also needs to work on passing the ball to where the players receiving it want it.

So while I can see he has got some good qualities, like most of our current players he will need to develop as a player to become a good premier league player. It’s another gamble.

He's not Pirlo, but I think some of the "concentration" issues come as a consequence of the way he was utilized at Schalke—playing a new position every week and slotting in wherever there was a need, not to mention the fact that he often felt compelled to take on more responsibility than his position entailed and chase a ball down thirty yards. A stable team with a structured system will give him the opportunity to refine those attributes that are lacking while preserving his workrate and tenacity. He's not the finished article, but we won't be able to afford him when he is.

There was a manager (didn’t catch who it was) on TalkSport earlier saying how tricky the market is. If you sell before you buy the other clubs know you’ve got money so prices go up. If you buy before you sell you could end up doubled up on players which becomes financially crippling.

It made me think about Grealish. If a big money deal was done for him to leave Villa would be trying their hardest to keep it under wraps until they’ve got replacements  agreed for those reasons. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

There was a manager (didn’t catch who it was) on TalkSport earlier saying how tricky the market is. If you sell before you buy the other clubs know you’ve got money so prices go up. If you buy before you sell you could end up doubled up on players which becomes financially crippling.

Martin O'Neill?

• Haha 1