Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

So far today my team in Sweden IFK Göteborg has signed their old cult hero Pontus Wernbloom and my ice hockey team Färjestad has signed Swedish international forward Jesper Nygård on a contract.

Can only mean Villa mega signing imminent :)

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

At the same time, we don’t want to get above our station, there will be lots of competition for Watkins and Benrahma. Hopefully, the Smith factor will sway them both

I don't think there will be a lot of competition for either of them, most of it is pure press hype and lazy journalism due to the Brentford "model" being in fashion at the moment, coupled with unrealistic prices being put out by the Press and others, out of any club Villa are most likely to be the winners, if they actually want them, due to them working together before, Despite what you will read in the press I'm sure both clubs are grown up enough to come to an amicable financial arrangement that suits all parties.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Of all the players we've been linked to I think McKennie is currently the one that I really hope we can get. Hourihane is ok coming off the bench, but having a midfield engine with McGinn and McKennie in it would be great.

If we don't get Rashica I'm ok with it as we've been linked with the likes of Buendia and Benrahma so not too concerned from that perspective. But we have to bring in a CM this summer. Imagine if McGinn gets injured again and we have 2 out of Lansbury, Nakamba or Hourihane to play alongside Luiz.

I like him.

27 minutes ago, jonjon said:

I don't think there will be a lot of competition for either of them, most of it is pure press hype and lazy journalism due to the Brentford "model" being in fashion at the moment, coupled with unrealistic prices being put out by the Press and others, out of any club Villa are most likely to be the winners, if they actually want them, due to them working together before, Despite what you will read in the press I'm sure both clubs are grown up enough to come to an amicable financial arrangement that suits all parties.

Oh.

4 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Of all the players we've been linked to I think McKennie is currently the one that I really hope we can get. Hourihane is ok coming off the bench, but having a midfield engine with McGinn and McKennie in it would be great.

If we don't get Rashica I'm ok with it as we've been linked with the likes of Buendia and Benrahma so not too concerned from that perspective. But we have to bring in a CM this summer. Imagine if McGinn gets injured again and we have 2 out of Lansbury, Nakamba or Hourihane to play alongside Luiz.

I agree that we do need another midfielder, two would be better. When we lost McGinn we surely went down hill, same goes for other areas and players we lost to injuries.

We need cover, we need more players and we certainly need upgrades. Five or six players is what I have in mind, a striker, two wingers, a keeper, a midfielder and a CB.

Next week someone has to be bloody revealed, I just felt it's the usual story with us that we were going to do all late signings again, seems to be the Villa way.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I agree that we do need another midfielder, two would be better. When we lost McGinn we surely went down hill, same goes for other areas and players we lost to injuries.

We need cover, we need more players and we certainly need upgrades. Five or six players is what I have in mind, a striker, two wingers, a keeper, a midfielder and a CB.

Next week someone has to be bloody revealed, I just felt it's the usual story with us that we were going to do all late signings again, seems to be the Villa way.

I thought it was the MON way.

I don't care how long it takes as long as we know what we want ( first targets) and get them.

you can't build a team with any success, accepting 3rd targets......not saying that is the case, just wary of it.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Page 552 no signing...

have I missed any news today?

2 forearms smashs, bit of cat calling and 3 law suits on here......no not really .

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Yes, why do you think I am not being serious? They are 2 of the best players in The Championship, there will be lots of clubs after them 

black and white joker gif GIF