Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

45 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

blimey, what have they spent now if thats true?, 130m ish?

Werner - 48m, Ziyech - 36m, Chilwell - 50m?

Plus another £80m for Kia Havertz....

And they want a new keeper but will obviously sell Arrizibalaga.....but may still have to cough up a few extra ££££.

3 minutes ago, rayk said:

Plus another £80m for Kia Havertz....

And they want a new keeper but will obviously sell Arrizibalaga.....but may still have to cough up a few extra ££££.

They do have a lot of saleable assets they can do without though.

6 minutes ago, paul514 said:

They do have a lot of saleable assets they can do without though.

Absolutely.....but they are buying before selling so the bidding for those saleable assets will start lower.

And I genuinely don’t think Tammy is on that list......unless we go in with a £50m offer.

12 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

weill end up with harry wilson

TBH, he had a very similar season, statistics-wise, to Trezeguet.  I think Trez is absolute shit, but Harry Wilson is a lot younger, is much better with the ball at his feet, and has a fantastic free kick on him.  That said, I wouldn't pay more than 15 million for Wilson.  He's still too much of a gamble at this level to go any higher than that.  

12 minutes ago, rayk said:

Absolutely.....but they are buying before selling so the bidding for those saleable assets will start lower.

And I genuinely don’t think Tammy is on that list......unless we go in with a £50m offer.

True but the buying club doesn't know how much money they need, if any.

24 minutes ago, KMitch said:

TBH, he had a very similar season, statistics-wise, to Trezeguet.  I think Trez is absolute shit, but Harry Wilson is a lot younger, is much better with the ball at his feet, and has a fantastic free kick on him.  That said, I wouldn't pay more than 15 million for Wilson.  He's still too much of a gamble at this level to go any higher than that.  

But his fans at Bournemouth say he is lazy.....how many more of them do we want?

now i am not  sure its that or just gors missing......wingers have a tendency to do that......we need an industrious one, who can play obviously....a young snodgrass, young or milner.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

FFP is still a thing and they've spent a lot already.

Yes but theyve been under a transfer ban for a while, FFP is calculated over 3 years so they can spend a lot more than most other clubs due to this

• Like 1

Wonder if theres any truth to us and other clubs being offered Juventus players, would be lovely to have a pick or two from there wouldnt it?

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

FFP is still a thing and they've spent a lot already.

They have already been stung by FFP,  having been banned from making signings during last summer's window. I can't see them falling foul of FFP again, after Manchester City's legal team, walked all over their CL FFP suspension recently. I'm sure Chelsea will now have accountants in place, that will be able to balance their books for them. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

He ia 2 years younger than our trezeguet and crap.. El Ghazi is much better, Wikson stats are padded by setpieces and Bournemouth fans hated him 

56 minutes ago, TRO said:

But his fans at Bournemouth say he is lazy.....how many more of them do we want?

now i am not  sure its that or just gors missing......wingers have a tendency to do that......we need an industrious one, who can play obviously....a young snodgrass, young or milner.

We want none of those types of players!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, John said:

They have already been stung by FFP,  having been banned from making signings during last summer's window. I can't see them falling foul of FFP again, after Manchester City's legal team, walked all over their CL FFP suspension recently. I'm sure Chelsea will now have accountants in place, that will be able to balance their books for them. :rolleyes:

I thought it was for an illegal signing?

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You’re saying that anyone in The Championship is below our station? We could quite easily end up there again next season. We only stayed up by one point last season, we are extremely fortunate to be playing in the Premier League and shouldn’t take it for granted. Smith has done well since he has come in for me and has earned a fair crack. The Premier League is widely acknowledged to be the best league in the world and rightly so for me. I think we have overpaid in the past for the likes of Kodjia, Hogan and McCormack to name but a few and I hope we don’t make the same mistakes again. We seem to have a plan in place and the people at the top say the right things to the press but whether they actually carry these things out is another matter altogether. We can sign players from non-league if they are good enough

Ok, maybe a small few are not necessarily below our station, but definitely none of them are above it. Agree with your last statement too. 

Maybe I'm missing your point, but I don't think anyone in the championship would refuse to come to us.  If there are better offers on the table for them I don't expect them to ignore them,  but I'm not sure there are any players in that league that will attract attention from the top teams with European football, which puts us on a pretty much level playing field with anyone we're likely to compete with.  We'll see i guess!

Edited by MrBlack

2 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Possible alternative for Ollie Watkins. Nicolas Gonzalez is apparently available for around £20 million. Like Watkins, has played on the wings and in the center. 

He got 8 in his last 10 games, remove this mini streak and his record is really poor for a forward