Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

7 hours ago, tomav84 said:

thing is we probably would have said similar about sheff utd. you sound like you know a lot more about their situation than me, but i dunno...i just have this feeling they're going to be around for a while considering how long it's taken them to finally be back in this league.

LOVE it if they went down though...up there with the most deluded of fanbases and this season is just going to be one great big leeds wankfest from the media

Thing is about Sheffield United is they had players well drilled in a unique system that could catch managers off-guard and players find difficult to defend during matches, ahead of a top keeper. I don't think Bielsa does anything revolutionary with Leeds and their keeper situation is probably the worst in the league 

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

omg Birmingham "click bait" Mail have just hit rock bottom.

Headline: Aston Villa could be set for record transfer fee as defender heads towards exit - report

Story:

James Bree is set for the exit door at Villa Park, and Aston Villa could be set to recoup a record transfer fee from Luton Town.

Bree could end up costing the Hatters more than the £1.34 million it cost to bring goalkeeper Simon Sluga to Kenilworth Road.

absolute TRASH paper, omg......

We must replace Bree!

Such a player for us

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Headline: Aston Villa could be set for record transfer fee as defender heads towards exit - report

Story:

James Bree is set for the exit door at Villa Park, and Aston Villa could be set to recoup a record transfer fee from Luton Town.

Bree could end up costing the Hatters more than the £1.34 million it cost to bring goalkeeper Simon Sluga to Kenilworth Road.

That made me sick in my mouth. Absolutely cringeworthy.

44 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I know it sounds a bit outlandish, but if we’re supposedly going to spend another £100-110m, then I don’t see why we couldn’t get 2 wingers and a striker for £75-90m, and then still have £20-30m left for positions that feel a bit secondary, like CM. 

Also, I don’t know why Trez and El Ghazi wouldn’t both be happy as rotation options. They both know they’re not at the level to consistently produce Premier League performances, and cost £9m and £6.5m respectively. That is literally the price of a bang average squad player nowadays.

Rashica, Buendia and Watkins is quoted at 65m.

You could get Eze and McKennie on top of those for the budget you mention at quoted prices 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Story:

I would be happy to get that for him a million is the best we could expect

8 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Thing is about Sheffield United is they had players well drilled in a unique system that could catch managers off-guard and players find difficult to defend during matches, ahead of a top keeper. I don't think Bielsa does anything revolutionary with Leeds and their keeper situation is probably the worst in the league 

The game is c130 years old, there is not much that hasn't been thought of in the past....football goes in trends and the trends are usually set by the best teams, with the best players.....from the game with 5-3-2 we have come a long way, but you can see easily how that has transformed in the moden game, we still have inside forwards and wing halves, just called something different like midfielers ,attacking and defending...wingers are still there, but faded in the 60's due to world cup fame and full backs are still there along with the goalkeeper and centre forward, so how much has really changed, its debateable.

Sheffield Utd have hit on a system that is based on workrate and durability and that can take you a long way, whether they can sustain it, who knows.....talent is crucial too, as the top teams show.

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

ffs

Can't Watkins and Benrahma just hand in a transfer request and refuse training just like Nakamba did? That will force the transfer fee down

Jesus, what was nakamba's fee originally,then

54 minutes ago, rayk said:

i just posted on the Rashica thread.......WTF would his agents be in Wales when Purslow and Lange will be at VP?

Its utterly fake news...probably some SHA trying to have a laugh at our expense.

Yes, the unwashed will be encouraged by the numbers they suckered before.  There will be any number of copycats. 

Surely it's easy to spot these? Surely it will be a brand new account suddenly quoting supposedly ITK stuff? Wouldn't that be obvious and easy to identify?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yes, the unwashed will be encouraged by the numbers they suckered before.  There will be any number of copycats. 

Surely it's easy to spot these? Surely it will be a brand new account suddenly quoting supposedly ITK stuff? Wouldn't that be obvious and easy to identify?

Anyone that puts ITK in their username is 100% not ITK. Unless they’re in the kitchen. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

Jesus, what was nakamba's fee originally,then

Let's be thankful we don't know.

Still have hopes for him though. He has shown quality in glimpses.

Still have got no clue what kind of a player he is though. Is he box to box or a defensive midfielder?

10 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Anyone that puts ITK in their username is 100% not ITK. Unless they’re in the kitchen. 

Actually I think it's a parody account. Last year they said Neil Taylor was going to Barcelona but Villa were holding out for £40m but Barcelona were unwilling to go over £35m.🤣😂🤣