Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

i just posted on the Rashica thread.......WTF would his agents be in Wales when Purslow and Lange will be at VP?

Its utterly fake news...probably some SHA trying to have a laugh at our expense.

2 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I agree with this but I also feel we do need to start bringing in players soon because the new season starts in 4 weeks and ideally we'd have at least 2 new first teamers in by then. But you're right, we can't bring in players for the sake of it, if they're not of the right quality there is simply no point. 

I feel we need to pull off a couple of big signings - if we were to get both McKennie and Rashica, for instance, it would give a huge lift to the whole team ahead of the season that we're bringing in players that can elevate us to that next level. We need first team players, in fact we need players that have the ability to come in and be key players for us. 

I recall City in the summer of 2008 before they were bought by the UAE. They signed Kompany and Zabaleta for relative peanuts in those days, despite the fact that better teams than City were looking at them. They also signed Elano the summer previous, from Shakhtar who were in the Champions League (City had just narrowly avoided relegation by finishing 14th).

I think this proves that it is possible to attract the attention of the bigger names we're looking at now, we just need to convince them it's the right move and this is a club on an upward trajectory. But as you've also mentioned previously, we need to be prepared to pay higher wages because a lot of where the player will end up comes down to wages. 

I am at a point where ,if they are no better than what we have, keep our powder dry, until an opportunity arises, where we can improve.....we cannot keep squandering money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone seen / commented on the link to Marko Gujic from Liverpool for £10m?

https://tbrfootball.com/report-aston-villa-and-crystal-palace-both-in-talks-for-liverpool-midfielder/

First choice is still Weston McKennie by far, but I think Gujic would be a great back up. He’s done very well at Hertha Berlin over the last couple of seasons. Pops up with some goals too .....something like 10 goals in 50 which is almost Wes levels and yet he’s a DM.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, useless said:

Don't expect any signings until late September, club won't over pay for players and Smith is confident in his ability to get more out of the players already at his disposal.

Great.....we need to play hard ball....no more over paying.

and that is encouraging to hear, from Dean.

2 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Third and fourth choice options! You don't honestly expect that to happen, surely? We would never keep these two players to feature so sparingly, and they wouldn't stay if that was the case. I would be perfectly happy for one or both of them to be pushing for a place in the first team every week.

I know it sounds a bit outlandish, but if we’re supposedly going to spend another £100-110m, then I don’t see why we couldn’t get 2 wingers and a striker for £75-90m, and then still have £20-30m left for positions that feel a bit secondary, like CM. 

Also, I don’t know why Trez and El Ghazi wouldn’t both be happy as rotation options. They both know they’re not at the level to consistently produce Premier League performances, and cost £9m and £6.5m respectively. That is literally the price of a bang average squad player nowadays.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Chelsea are signing Chilwell for £50m. Wonder if they would be willing to listen to offers on Tammy to offset the cost. 

blimey, what have they spent now if thats true?, 130m ish?

Werner - 48m, Ziyech - 36m, Chilwell - 50m?

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

On a hunch I looked at the AZ Alkmaar squad and it was correct, Jordy Claise plays for them.

Remember when he was all the rage after 2014 world cup "New Xavi" etc. Went to Southampton and did nothing of note and now back playing out his days in Holland.

No problem taking the odd prospect from over there but I'd prefer someone with a bit of international experience. Denziel Dumfries was actually a good suggestion the other day as he's done well for Holland last 18 months and won't cost too much in an area where we'll eventually need an upgrade.

Edit; Is Gudmundsson any good? 3 goals in 11 games for Iceland and only 23.

Sounds like a cake maker from scotland.

Just now, MaVilla said:

blimey, what have they spent now if thats true?, 130m ish?

Werner - 48m, Ziyech - 36m, Chilwell - 50m?

Was tweeted by Percy so would assume it's true. But yeah, they probably have spent around that and I doubt they will stop there.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

On a hunch I looked at the AZ Alkmaar squad and it was correct, Jordy Claise plays for them.

Remember when he was all the rage after 2014 world cup "New Xavi" etc. Went to Southampton and did nothing of note and now back playing out his days in Holland.

No problem taking the odd prospect from over there but I'd prefer someone with a bit of international experience. Denziel Dumfries was actually a good suggestion the other day as he's done well for Holland last 18 months and won't cost too much in an area where we'll eventually need an upgrade.

Edit; Is Gudmundsson any good? 3 goals in 11 games for Iceland and only 23.

Yes the premier league is a different style and higher quality than most other leagues, so is a massive change for these type of players. Many flop as a result, which is why I think we should try and focus on the bundesliga for foreign players , as this is the closest to the Premier league. 

• Like 2