Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

How is our net dept? Did the owners pay it off when they took over?

Belive they did , the point is FFP says owners can't put money in and you can't spend above earnings yet United can continually run with a massive growing debt whilst spending huge amounts on players its a joke.

55 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Man United announce net debt rose £127 mil to £429mil yet still linked with big moves for Grealish /Sancho , further evidence that FFP is a load of bollox 

Its almost like David Gill knew exactly what he was doing and who it would benefit when he helped cook FFP up

Just now, villa4europe said:

Its almost like David Gill knew exactly what he was doing and who it would benefit when he helped cook FFP up

Exactly it was always designed in a way to keep those already at the top , at the top.Notice all the clubs who seem to have issues with FFP are ones with new owners ....

Monacos owners have said that due to no European football next year they plan on selling around 30 players this summer, including the likes of pellegri and guebbels who have poor injury records, unfortunately not panzo though 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Monacos owners have said that due to no European football next year they plan on selling around 30 players this summer, including the likes of pellegri and guebbels who have poor injury records, unfortunately not panzo though 

#Announce Golovin.:ph34r:

Said before but as a stop gap for a season or two big Gilk would do very nicely at the back alongside Mings. Was going to say Jemerson aswell but he's been poor last two seasons since Brazil started calling him up.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

But Man Utd can easily manage their dept. They have insane income.

It's the clubs that struggle to pay off their dept that get in trouble with FFP. Only make sense, doesn't it?

Yes like all the clubs that wanted FFP they have huge income which is what FFP is judged on.So if you have a rich owner he/she can't spend as the clubs income is what FFP is judged on , but as their spending is limited they can't grow the club to increase the income .It's designed to keep the status quo.

City and PSG have no debt but FFP is a constant issue for them 

21 hours ago, thabucks said:

I’d take him.  A front line of Wesley, Samatha, Dennis with Davis as support is an interesting proposition... He has been linked with arsenal and wolves and we have more pressing needs in other areas. Maybe Wesley and Nakamaba could help seal the deal IF we are indeed even remotely interested. 

I wouldn’t. Dennis is decent but has too many flaws to be a good player for us. He is often selfish and loses possession because he wants to dribble another man. On a par with Trezeguet right now. He can still improve though, but we don’t need any more players for the future.

diatta would be a better option at Brugge. More of a winger, better attitude, has international tournament experience,...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let's show we are serious and go for Jonathan David instead if we are trawling the Jupiler League again.

Ye's, yes I know Barcelona, Arsenal and so on might be a bigger pull.. He looks a prospect thou, Canada has some interesting players coming through.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

I wonder if Callum McGregor be a player we could sign. Getting rave reviews in Scotland and has played with Jack and McGinn previously 

I've seen him plenty for Celtic and Scotland, couldn't see him doing much in the premier league. Deeper lying player than McGinn. He strikes me as another Scott Brown who's content to stay at Celtic and win the league every year.

Ryan Christie on the other hand is an interesting one. Came to Celtic as an attacking right sided player but they've been playing him in the front 3 for last 18 months and his goal return has been excellent.

This season he's scored 11 in SPL which is only one less than Alfredo Morales. He's also scored regularly in europa league against likes of Lazio and Rennes.

Man Utd have a worldwide fan base that is almost double that of their closest Premier League rival, and well over double any team after. Surely that affords them some clout.

If it weren't for what SAF had built, and that global adoration they have accumulated as a consequence, they might've plummeted after SAF's reign.

I mean they didn't challenge silverware in any competition or CL qualification with a squad consisting of Rooney, RVP,  Young, Kagawa, Mata, Evra and Vidic.

Edited by A'Villan

8 hours ago, sne said:

Let's show we are serious and go for Jonathan David instead if we are trawling the Jupiler League again.

Ye's, yes I know Barcelona, Arsenal and so on might be a bigger pull.. He looks a prospect thou, Canada has some interesting players coming through.

IF we can get him, thats an absolute yes from me. Great shout. 

Now that is confirmed Toulouse and Amiens are sadly down IF we stay up, Ibrahim Sangere could be a good option for DM from Toulouse and Bafode Diakite is a good young prospect at CB also worth looking at. Again, no doubt we will be linked with Serhou Guirassy striker from Amiens as his name was rumoured Jan. Also with Toulouse down no chance they’ll be signing Kalinic. McGrath I hope we stay up ! 

Edited by thabucks
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Man Utd have a worldwide fan base that is almost double that of their closest Premier League rival, and well over double any team after. Surely that affords them some clout.

If it weren't for what SAF had built, and that global adoration they have accumulated as a consequence, they might've plummeted after SAF's reign.

I mean they didn't challenge silverware in any competition or CL qualification with a squad consisting of Rooney, RVP,  Young, Kagawa, Mata, Evra and Vidic.

I'd argue they did plummet relatively speaking. 

• Like 1

It looks like Ashley Maitland Niles will be available in the summer. I imagine he wouldn't be too expensive, probably in the £10-15m bracket and could be a decent option for us. Young, English pacey versatile player that has good technique and has already played quite a lot of premier league games in midfield and defence, but not quite good enough to start regularly for Arsenal.

I think he would be a very good addition to our squad

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Benrahma is linked with Chelsea! We’ve definitely mistaken by not getting him last season.

That's agent talk saying he's available for a big move imo

Depends where Chelsea see ziyech playing but they have him, pulisic, Hudson odoi already, £30m and he'd be a rotation player 

• Like 1