Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

On 27/05/2020 at 09:54, abdulaziz1 said:

Benrahma is linked with Chelsea! We’ve definitely mistaken by not getting him last season.

Now also linked with Newcastle and another French club, any movement with Benrahma is dependent on where we finally finishes at the end, we get promoted, he stays, we stay in the Championship and he will more than likely be off, But he won't be cheap though, we actually made a £20 million profit last season, and that was without the sale of Maupay and four other players to a total of approx £40 million,  we stand to make more profit again when next years finances are revealed, so we are not desperate to sell, especially on the cheap, As with Maupay we will manage without Benrahma as we have other players in waiting to take his place, that is how we operate.

2 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Now also linked with Newcastle and another French club, any movement with Benrahma is dependent on where we finally finishes at the end, we get promoted, he stays, we stay in the Championship and he will more than likely be off, But he won't be cheap though, we actually made a £20 million profit last season, and that was without the sale of Maupay and four other players to a total of approx £40 million,  we stand to make more profit again when next years finances are revealed, so we are not desperate to sell, especially on the cheap, As with Maupay we will manage without Benrahma as we have other players in waiting to take his place, that is how we operate.

But I imagine Brentford just like most others clubs had not factored in Corona when they budgeted for this season.

A lot of clubs will be hemorrhaging money and some will be forced to sell players just to stay afloat.

Not saying you will but everything has changed now, who knows.

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think if we go down, Mings, McGinn, possibly Targett, Luiz, Grealish, Trezeguet and maybe Samatta and Wesley will want to go. Reina, Baston and Drinkwater will go back to wherever and on top of that, ideally you'd want to be looking to replace Taylor, Elmohamady, Lansbury and Jota.

I think we still underestimate the degree to which we were an incomplete club when we came up from the Championship - we're still short of having a squad with the quality or depth required. People concentrate on how much we spent last summer, but miss the point of how little we had to start with - we're still not there.

Why would Samatta want to go? He's looked decent in his few games but let's not go overboard, he's no Benteke atm so won't be of huge interest to other clubs unless he has a mad scoring end to the season. I imagine we gave him a decent pay rise coming from Belgium so there's that to consider aswell.

If Fulham could keep hold of Mitrovic when they got relegated I'm sure we could keep hold of some of our better players in the 11 beyond the obvious ones like Grealish and Mings who'd be very hard to keep.

Wesley will still probably be injured so again can't see any interest and given we signed him for 20m + might aswell keep him and hope he can look good in championship to increase his value a bit.

Probably not the best example given they've struggled since going down but Stoke kept Butland (Heaton) and Joe Allen (similar example to McGinn) when they went down. Fulham with Mitrovic and West Brom kept the likes of Jay Rodriguez.

I think if player is settled, isn't really playing much at international level and feels confident the club can get back within a year then most will stay. It's when you then don't go up then problems start.

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's talk of keeping the summer window open to the end of October - a bit of a throwback to the times when players would arrive halfway through a season.

It would make sense to just have a six month one from August to end of January.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Why would Samatta want to go? He's looked decent in his few games but let's not go overboard, he's no Benteke atm so won't be of huge interest to other clubs unless he has a mad scoring end to the season. I imagine we gave him a decent pay rise coming from Belgium so there's that to consider aswell.

If Fulham could keep hold of Mitrovic when they got relegated I'm sure we could keep hold of some of our better players in the 11 beyond the obvious ones like Grealish and Mings who'd be very hard to keep.

Wesley will still probably be injured so again can't see any interest and given we signed him for 20m + might aswell keep him and hope he can look good in championship to increase his value a bit.

Probably not the best example given they've struggled since going down but Stoke kept Butland (Heaton) and Joe Allen (similar example to McGinn) when they went down. Fulham with Mitrovic and West Brom kept the likes of Jay Rodriguez.

I think if player is settled, isn't really playing much at international level and feels confident the club can get back within a year then most will stay. It's when you then don't go up then problems start.

Bad injury aside, Amavi stuck around for one season in the Championship, there's no reason why some players wouldn't stick around for the season to see if we can get promoted.

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's talk of keeping the summer window open to the end of October - a bit of a throwback to the times when players would arrive halfway through a season.

They will have to do something radical.  So many teams have no idea what league they will be in until not long before they start playing.  Need to give clubs leeway to adjust their squads accordingly. 

6 hours ago, sne said:

But I imagine Brentford just like most others clubs had not factored in Corona when they budgeted for this season.

A lot of clubs will be hemorrhaging money and some will be forced to sell players just to stay afloat.

Not saying you will but everything has changed now, who knows.

Brentford have let some of their scouts go, Only few of the other scout's are being kept on.

Cut back's even for them currently as i know a few that have been on 1 year contracts

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For me irrelevant of which league we’re in. We will be looking for a DLP from midfield. Whenever Smiths Brentford side played us off the park, Ryan Woods would dominate in that deep role. Whilst at us, Smith hasn’t found that player and too me that is a major reason why we aren’t playing the football expected. First window Smith tried Carroll but he was a crock. We’ve tried Luiz but he lacks the experience to dominate that role. We’ve finally gotten Drinkwater, who clearly is unfit and has other issues apparently. To see the Football Smith previously played we need someone In that role 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, picicata said:

I would just be harsh and say people only leave on our terms. Yes, you might get the an upset player but they'll get over it. 

It's not good for a club to have 2 or 3 pissed off players kicking around, they can poison a dressing room in no time.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

It's not good for a club to have 2 or 3 pissed off players kicking around, they can poison a dressing room in no time.

6 minutes ago, picicata said:

Balls to them!

I'm guessing that PR is not your thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, picicata said:

Balls to them!

@gurru991 is spot on  though Picicata.

Due-diligence and FA 4-corner model needs to be applied at all times when accessing all player's before club sign's them

Most club's don't even bother... then the management wonder why they are "up the creek without a paddle" when a player has attitude issue's and bring's disharmony to the other player's and staff at their club.

Hence why we have had  likes Lescottt, Richards, McCormack and many other's at the club over last few years that didn't want to be here and was trouble more or less from when they signed for us.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

For me irrelevant of which league we’re in. We will be looking for a DLP from midfield. Whenever Smiths Brentford side played us off the park, Ryan Woods would dominate in that deep role. Whilst at us, Smith hasn’t found that player and too me that is a major reason why we aren’t playing the football expected. First window Smith tried Carroll but he was a crock. We’ve tried Luiz but he lacks the experience to dominate that role. We’ve finally gotten Drinkwater, who clearly is unfit and has other issues apparently. To see the Football Smith previously played we need someone In that role 

Anyone know if Sunjic has been any good at SHA? He's a DLP so perhaps someone we can get on the relative cheap. Only 23, lots of caps for Croatia under 21s and 1 for the senior team although would be another development signing.

Strikes me as a better deal than Jude Bellingham.

2 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Oh and don't we know it.

• Like 1